Music+video dead tile when music is paused?

glassadam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my white Lumia 920 yesterday and I am loving it (I switched from a sprint HTC arrive), apart from some minor issues. One of which is the live tile behavior for the music+video app.

In wp7, the tile always displayed a pic of the last artist you played, even when the music was stopped. Now in wp8 the tile is just a lifeless green square once you pause the music. Yet, oddly, if you turn on High Contrast Mode, the dead tile shows life again, with the words music+video scrolling across the tile when there's no music playing. It's like the OS is taunting me, saying that the only way I can have life on that tile is if I'm actively playing a song or keeping my phone in high contrast mode.

All I want is for the tile to show some life when my music is paused no matter if I'm in high contrast mode or not! Artist pic, scrolling letters, something! Am I missing a setting somewhere?

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Huh? While I have noticed the boring green tile I hadn't played with high contrast till you brought it up. Thats pretty interesting, I hope we are stupid and there is a simple fix if not they need to add that to the list of things for the first OTA update. I miss my last/current played tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2