Missing features and Apps on Nokia Lumia 920

serpentyne

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've noticed a few things missing since I moved to my new Nokia Lumia 920 (from Focus S).

Apps: The Harvest, Tentacles, Photosynth (probably going to be released soon as a lens as demoed before), TuneIn Radio, Tango

Features: Wireless Syncing; ability to choose individual songs/pictures to sync, only entire albums/folders; Turn by turn navigation no longer reads out street names!!! I mean WTF?? yes Nokia drive is nice, but WTH, even with the tap to get next direction from WP7 you would still get street names, now I have to blindly follow directions, which isn't the best way, like two turns in a 20 foot space, which does it mean? And I really liked that I could tap the screen and it would tell me which exit/street to take long before I reached it, or have it repet it, or just update the distance left (that escalated into a rant, sorry :/).. you get the idea, I hope

Annoyances: When zune is running and you change a playlist, the WP connecter (Win7) gives an error saying it can't read the playlist (I made a playlist with all the songs I want on the phone in it to make my life easier and give me options otherwise not available).

WP connector doesn't update dynamically, as in you have to close out of it for it to update music lists, photos, videos and so forth. It also has to cache the list every time you open it up again.

Why does MS limit the syncing of music to the crappy WP connecter, why not allow universal syncing through any media player, be it Zune, iTunes, Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc.

And again, after living with wireless syncing from the HD7 through to Focus S and then have it disappear on the otherwise superior WP8 is just mind boggling.

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed a few things missing since I moved to my new Nokia Lumia 920 (from Focus S).

Apps: The Harvest, Tentacles, Photosynth (probably going to be released soon as a lens as demoed before), TuneIn Radio, Tango

Turn by turn navigation no longer reads out street names!!! I mean WTF?? yes Nokia drive is nice, but WTH, even with the tap to get next direction from WP7 you would still get street names, now I have to blindly follow directions, which isn't the best way, like two turns in a 20 foot space, which does it mean? And I really liked that I could tap the screen and it would tell me which exit/street to take long before I reached it, or have it repet it, or just update the distance left (that escalated into a rant, sorry :/).. you get the idea, I hope

I don't know if this helps but Nokia Drive can now read out street names as well as long as you download the voices to do so.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You need to choose which voice you want to use in Drive settings. Even when I downloaded the voice it didn't automatically start using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786