Way to send Video by Text?

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
One feature I really like on my wife's iphone is the ability to send video by text. Granted the quality is terrible (it changes the resolution to shrink the file size), but it is very useful when you have a small kid and want to send a "look what he just did" type update. Of course I have no problem saving the video in full resolution via Sky Drive or maybe later Dropbox, but is there a way to send it real quick by text with WP8? I could never figure this out on my Android and it was one of the many things that led me to try something new.

Thanks!

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can send video by MMS, its in the same place as sending a picture
Thanks for the reply! But does it automatically shrink it for you like IOS? I could technically send video via text in Android, but since it didn't change the resolution, the video would have had to have been very short to fit under the size requirement.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
On wp7 I find it kind of a pain. It won't resize for you, you have to make it an eligible size to begin with. You have make the video within the allowed size range or it will just tell you the file is too big to send. Go over by one second? Too bad. Do it again. Also, you have to manually change the settings to a lower res for it to fit. Hopefully they made it easier in wp8

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
On wp7 I find it kind of a pain. It won't resize for you, you have to make it an eligible size to begin with. You have make the video within the allowed size range or it will just tell you the file is too big to send. Go over by one second? Too bad. Do it again. Also, you have to manually change the settings to a lower res for it to fit. Hopefully they made it easier in wp8

That is exactly what I would have said.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, this is a big annoyance for me. It would be nice if there's at least a way to manually compress the video in WP8. Or at the bare minimum allow devs to access videos so they can write an app to compress them, something that's not possible in WP7.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't send video's often at all but I completely agree with people here, they need an auto-re-size or some other kind of option to make a "mobile video" for video's that already exist so that you can easily send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte