Windows phone 8 email bug / lumia 920

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I started having a strange problem today with my windows phone 8 on lumia 920. The email app now just crashes every time I launch it.

If I let it set synching it just crashes eventually, if I scroll the email list it crashes.

This didn't happen until today, had the phone since Friday. I tried restarting, same issue. I may have to move/delete recent emails to another folder to see if that fixes it.

Here is a video of it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKHCZULxVxQ[/YT]

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I removed the gmail account and I only have the outlook email left. Going into settings -> email + account shows outlook.com email and twitter syncing. Seems it is stuck, I turned airplane mode on to stop it, but it gets stuck again when I turn it off again.

This is looking more like a hard reset is needed. :/

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Well surprisingly windows phone 8 does a pretty good job of backup/restore. Resetting the phone, I am back up and running now. It re installed all apps I had installed for me automatically (very cool). It even seemed to remember tile sizes I had set for items that are auto pinned to start when you restore phone, sadly it didn't remember positions/sizes of all apps. Text messages were restored, it asked me for logins for my accounts previously setup.

Overall a great experience in that, the one big down side is xbox doesn't save game data. Angry birds back to 0 stars, cut the rope back to the first level... etc. Wish they would fix this.

Last edited:

Ricardox0

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, did resetting the phone fix it? I'm having the same problem. Also when I enter "email + accounts" all my accounts (Outlook, FB, Gmails, Twitter) are syncing. It started yesterday night, and when leaving home the battery was at about 90% and by 12:00PM it was already less that 50%, without much use. I guess its all the syncing going on that depleted my battery so fast.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
You just wanted to show off your Weather Smiles App. :)

Just kidding. I have your app and like it.

That is a bummer to hear about the games not being backed up.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes resetting the phone fixed the problem. I am concerned with it happening again, I wouldn't want to reset it again. My accounts were stuck syncing as well, outlook and twitter. Facebook was able to sync. I was also concerned that it would be wasting data trying to sync all that time, even though I am on wifi, I wasn't sure if it uses data when the display shuts off rather than the wifi.

You can try to turn airplane mode on so the accounts stop syncing and then try to sync them again, mine just got stuck again when I did but who knows, maybe it will work for you.

So, did resetting the phone fix it? I'm having the same problem. Also when I enter "email + accounts" all my accounts (Outlook, FB, Gmails, Twitter) are syncing. It started yesterday night, and when leaving home the battery was at about 90% and by 12:00PM it was already less that 50%, without much use. I guess its all the syncing going on that depleted my battery so fast.

Ricardox0

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes resetting the phone fixed the problem. I am concerned with it happening again, I wouldn't want to reset it again. My accounts were stuck syncing as well, outlook and twitter. Facebook was able to sync. I was also concerned that it would be wasting data trying to sync all that time, even though I am on wifi, I wasn't sure if it uses data when the display shuts off rather than the wifi.

You can try to turn airplane mode on so the accounts stop syncing and then try to sync them again, mine just got stuck again when I did but who knows, maybe it will work for you.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried Airplane mode, turning off, and hard resets multiples times. Like you, I didn't want to do a full reset and also became concerned with the battery. I am now resetting the phone and hopefully it doesn't happen again. We'll see, I don't want to have to return it.

ghawkescs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Nokia 920 (AT&T).

When I go to settings -> email accounts it shows all of my accounts syncing most of the time. Has anyone else had this problem on phones besides the 920? I wonder if it is a WP8 thing?

c d

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Help!!!!Lumia 920 email issues!

Hello,

I am pretty proficient with Windows Phones. Have had a Focus, and Lumia 900. Now have the 920. Love it, except will NOT sync with my work email, which is Outlook/Exchange. Didn't have a problem with the Lumia 900 doing it. And the 920 will sync seamlessly with my Hotmail and Aol accounts. Every time I try and set up my work email, this comes up...
Error code 80072F30 we're having problems downloading messages(not frequently)
Or this one EVERY TIME...
We are having a problem connecting to...(our company server name)
Error code :86000107

I've tried on this phone. Ive done a hard reset. I've tried on the 8x in store. Same result. Is there a bug or something I need to do? If not, I need return the phone, which I love.
Thanks
Craig

ghawkescs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
8X too?

Hello,

I am pretty proficient with Windows Phones. Have had a Focus, and Lumia 900. Now have the 920. Love it, except will NOT sync with my work email, which is Outlook/Exchange. Didn't have a problem with the Lumia 900 doing it. And the 920 will sync seamlessly with my Hotmail and Aol accounts. Every time I try and set up my work email, this comes up...
Error code 80072F30 we're having problems downloading messages(not frequently)
Or this one EVERY TIME...
We are having a problem connecting to...(our company server name)
Error code :86000107

I've tried on this phone. Ive done a hard reset. I've tried on the 8x in store. Same result. Is there a bug or something I need to do? If not, I need return the phone, which I love.
Thanks
Craig

You saw it on the 8X as well? Maybe it is a WP8 software issue and they can patch it (ASAP I hope). Hopefully it isn't something to do with the 920 hardware.

c d

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You saw it on the 8X as well? Maybe it is a WP8 software issue and they can patch it (ASAP I hope). Hopefully it isn't something to do with the 920 hardware.
I actually went to ATT and tried another Lumia 920 and the 8x. If it worked on the 8x, I was going to switch to it, storage capacity be damned. As that's a sweet phone as well. But it didn't work on either...
Craig

Andrew Foley

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
me too

I had this same issue after three days. I did a phone reset and 28 hours later it's doing it again. And my messaging app is acting funny now too.

Emre Kanlikilicer

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
same issue

I and one of my friend had the same email crash issue while email account stuck at sync. Both of us use Lumia 920.. I haven't reset the phone but changed the sync setting to 1 day to reduce the issue at least to once a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb