How can I get my phone to automatically transfer pictures to my PC?

Sam Wilderspin

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, had a WP7.5 and Zune for a long time, just got a Lumia 920 and run Windows 7 on my PC.

I have the Windows Phone app on my PC. It I checked a box saying 'Import photos and videos to my PC' and yet nothing is saved to my PC.

So if I want my photos on my PC I have to INDIVIDUALLY select every photo/video... ?? Surely not. What's going on?

On the PC side of things on the app, I can, again, individually select things and then click 'sync' and on the Phone side I can individually select things and 'save to PC' but it doesn't automatically save any new phone content (i.e. photos) to the PC???

Really? Tell me I'm going wrong please!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You should be utilizing the sexiness that is Skydrive and set your phone to automatically upload images to it. Much better method IMO.

Sam Wilderspin

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are in that folder if I manually select things to save to the computer, but otherwise, no.

And, I have my stuff upload to Skydrive. Is there a way I can have my PC automatically download and keep up to date with that?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
They are in that folder if I manually select things to save to the computer, but otherwise, no.

And, I have my stuff upload to Skydrive. Is there a way I can have my PC automatically download and keep up to date with that?

Am I missing something here... Thats what SkyDrive does. I've got Skydrive installed on my PC and on my HTC 8X. My phone automatically uploads my photos (and videos if I want) to Skydrive and my PC downloads them automatically.

When I go to my PC, all of my photos are there. No fuss, no drama.

Isn't that what you want?

Sam Wilderspin

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, Skydrive is the cloud service. I haven't really used it other than knowing all my stuff is uploaded online from my phone.

Didn't realise you can install a program on your PC too. Cheers.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Also, just reinstalled the Windows Phone app and it is working again. Odd, but fine!

Great! Glad you got it working. SkyDrive is pretty good to be honest. I wasn't expecting much from it but it seems to do a lot and it does it well.

Hopefully you'll be getting all your pictures on your pc now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3