Trying To Upgrade Hotmail to Outlook for WP8

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
ive done a few searches and its only left me confused as i dont want to lose my skydrive space or anything

when outlook came out i reserved my outlook name with a alias, now im getting ready to purchase a wp8 device and i go to update my email address and it says new address and a drop down box but it only has @live.com and @hotmail.com ...nothing about outlook anywhere in there how do i get it to be renamed as outlook.com???

it also says new address where i can manually type a address in is that how ur suppose to do it? i saw screenshots of outlook.com being in the dropdown listn i mentioned earlier but its not there anymore...do i have to delete my alias @outlook.com address in order for it to appear in those drop down lists?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to Outlook.com. Click on the gear icon and select More Mail Settings. Click on Rename your email address. The drop box should be on "@outlook.com" as a default, though you can choose "@live" or "@hotmail." From what I've read, you need to delete your alias first.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to Outlook.com. Click on the gear icon and select More Mail Settings. Click on Rename your email address. The drop box should be on "@outlook.com" as a default, though you can choose "@live" or "@hotmail." From what I've read, you need to delete your alias first.

when i do that by default outlook isnt there to choose from

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure I am understanding the issue. I am using my outlook.com account and my wife is using her hotmail.com account, both without issue. Both of us are on WP8 (Nokia 920 for me and 820 for my wife).

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens to me and I never registered for an outlook alias.

I actually see @hotmail.com twice in the drop down box along with @live.com. But no outlook.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about changing mine too, but right now I am currently using the @live but I do have an @Hotmail and @msn and just DONT need an @outlook now!! I am sure MS will come out with another new @ email address name in a few years anyway!!!

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about changing mine too, but right now I am currently using the @live but I do have an @Hotmail and @msn and just DONT need an @outlook now!! I am sure MS will come out with another new @ email address name in a few years anyway!!!

Is there a problem I am not aware of?

My wife's hotmail account worked perfectly to set up WP8.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a problem I am not aware of?

My wife's hotmail account worked perfectly to set up WP8.

it works fine but alot of us preserved a outlook address for when wp8 launched so we could start the new phones with our new emails just for the sake of changing but now some of us are running into issues upgrading

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
it works fine but alot of us preserved a outlook address for when wp8 launched so we could start the new phones with our new emails just for the sake of changing but now some of us are running into issues upgrading

I see.

Having anticiapted my switch from android to WP, I secured an outlook.com address right away when it was released to be sure to get the one I wanted. However, since I was coming from gmail I guess I did not understand that issue that you guys were referring to.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Best regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb