New Windows convert needing help to sync iTunes

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Nokia 920 and having hard time trying to get it to sync to iTunes. My only accessible computer is a work laptop running Windows XP. As such, I can't install the a windowsPhone software to sync. I also have not been able to drag + drop music into my phone while having it USB connected to my laptop. I was able to drag + drop ringtones. My question is, will installing the Zune software allow me to sync iTunes on my Windows XP to my 920?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just got a Nokia 920 and having hard time trying to get it to sync to iTunes. My only accessible computer is a work laptop running Windows XP. As such, I can't install the a windowsPhone software to sync. I also have not been able to drag + drop music into my phone while having it USB connected to my laptop. I was able to drag + drop ringtones. My question is, will installing the Zune software allow me to sync iTunes on my Windows XP to my 920?

No it will not. You may be able to use Windows Media Player somewhat, as described here:

The Best Way to Sync Windows Phone 8; Not What You’d Expect | Pocketnow

adcmtc

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you are still interested I have this working well for me now. Can sync iTunes and Windows Media player Libraries (or both). I use DoubleTwist software (free) and turn off XBox Music Connection on the phone.

More details are here Windows Phone 8 Tips.

Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12