Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Is there any way to silence email, text, etc notifications while keeping the phone active? I guess I'm looking for a feature like Do Not Disturb in iOS.

Well, in System -> Ringtones and Sounds at the bottom is an option to choose what has sounds. Other than that if you hit the volume rocker, click the bell to turn on vibrate.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cddigi View Post
    Well, in System -> Ringtones and Sounds at the bottom is an option to choose what has sounds. Other than that if you hit the volume rocker, click the bell to turn on vibrate.
    I guess un-clicking the All Other Notifications at night might work...Thanks!

I keep my phone on vibrate at night. Alarms still go off in the morning with their sound. Just tested it on no ringer, no vibrate and the alarm still went off with sound.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I am picking up the Nokia charging stand and hoping that I can configure the NFC chip to auto set all my alerts to silent each night and back again in the morning. Might need a second NFC chip for the second part though?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    go into settings>ringtones and sounds and then turn both the ringer and vibrate to off...

you can also scroll down in ringtones+sounds uncheck "all other notifications" under "play a sound for"

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I still need the phone to ring as I am on call but just want everything else to hush ;-) I had not thought about the NFC chips...

Quote Originally Posted by rkgriffin View Post
    I am picking up the Nokia charging stand and hoping that I can configure the NFC chip to auto set all my alerts to silent each night and back again in the morning. Might need a second NFC chip for the second part though?
    I don't know if Windows Phone gives access to settings via NFC, for now I think it's a NO.