Does Outlook 2010 Sync Notes to OneNote?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I searched for this but couldn't find any recent confirming details about this. I'm coming to WP8 from BlackBerry which had an excellent program for syncing Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes from Outlook 2010 to my phone.

So far, I understand that WP8 syncs Outlook 2010 contacts and calendar via my Outlook.com account, and sends Tasks to a To Do list on the phone, but what happens to Notes from Outlook 2010? Do they sync into OneNote or somewhere else?

I'm a heavy Notes user on Outlook 2010 so would like to confirm that I'll be able to sync that info before ordering my 822.

Thanks ahead for any info.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No. You'll have to move your notes to OneNote, and then they'll sync to all your other OneNote instances via SkyDrive.

darlenelovely

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also a new WP8 user coming from many years of BB's. I ran into the same problem with MS Outlook Notes, and eventually did realize that OneNote was my replacement for Outlook Notes; however, is there any way to move multiple files simultaneously or will I need to type them all manually? (this is what I've started doing, but I have hundreds of notes and I'm hoping there's an easier way to get them there). Thanks.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's certainly a befuddling disappointment to me that MS's flagship mobile product wouldn't fully sync with its flagship personal organizer, and it's a primary reason I won't be switching to WP from BlackBerry. Judging from all the votes and comments on the windowsphone forum linked above, I guess I'm not the only one. Seems completely bizarre to me that MS wouldn't do this. Oh well, thanks for the feedback and info anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes