People hub "Rooms" not working

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My brother and I both got the Nokia 920 and when I started a Rooms group and invited him or him inviting me we get this message:
"Can't connect
if you have good reception, the problem might be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again."

Is there a setting that might be messing this up? same thing for 3 days.

Edit * Co worker I talked into getting 920 yesterday and he also can't join or invite people to his People "Rooms". so that's 3 that I know of now.

Last edited:

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah been trying for a few days now still nothing. Talked to Nokia just waiting for them to get back. let you know if they give me anything that works.

we have 4 920's in the office now all 4 can't join any ones Rooms. Really odd.

Jake Cuadrez

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I create a room and invite people they all get the "Cant Connect..." message. Two of my friends have created rooms and invited me and I was able to jump right on. All three of us are using Lumia 920. Strange that I can join others but not bring people in to mine.

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have two rooms on the go now and both are working perfectly. Using the room to share pictures and chat and the group calendars work great too...

GREGH42

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have an HTC 8x and my wife a Lumia 822. I keep getting the error when trying to tap the initiation link:

"If you have good reception, the problem might be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again." Thinking it might be wifi related, I also tried it on the carrier network and still got the same error.

Microsoft's web site is very unhelpful, it just assumes a happy path and offers no explanation for that error message. So I guess we're just going to keep trying and hopefully it will work at some point. :mad: I love being an early adopter... nothing like paying to beta test for Microsoft.

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have called Nokia support. They are working on the issue. They have no idea right now why it's doing this. The tech said he will be giving me a call when he figures out what is causing this issue. I will update once they let me know.

At first I thought it was a permissions issue with SkyDrive with the people I invited to the group but I gave them access (shared) at the root of the files on SkyDrive but this still didn't fix the issue. So now we wait.

ImpalaDoug

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. My wife & I both have an AT&T Lumia 920. We have tried to use "Rooms" 5-7 times so far. Every time we receive the same error message:

Can't connect
If you have good reception, the problem might be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again.

We have waited about a week, but have also tried various times throughout the week. I also created a new room with a different name, in case there was something wrong with the Family Room specifically. Unfortunately the results were the same.

Anybody find a solution for this yet?

Thanks,
-
Doug

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Called me today but no new news yet. They just asked me the same questions and to see if I have tried again lately. So still broken...

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There is a Microsoft community thread on this issue. Seems pretty wide spread.

One of my friends is having the same issue. I can create a room and have one guy join, but the other one cannot. We cannot join his either.

If we just do a Messenger chat on the phone, we can talk one-on-one, but if we make a group chat for the three of us...."The message cannot be sent.. Try again?".
But the weird thing is, if we are running the Windows Messenger client on ONE of our PCs, the group messenger chat on the phone works. Sadly, it does not fix the room feature.

I'd say its a Microsoft issue and not a Nokia issue. Hopefully WPC can post this to the main page to get more attention to this issue.

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
the family room works.. but when after uploading videos.... we can't play them back... which is odd... when we first tired them... the videos work fine.. me and my wife are using a 920 each.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thinking out loud right now, do you need to go to the message app, and select available online since family room uses messenger? If you are not online I would imagine it wouldn't work for the chat feature
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should make any changes to my room. I have had one with my wife for a couple of weeks now and it works perfect. Able to share photos, calendars and notes.

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I did call Microsoft about this issue they said it's Nokia issue. Nokia also said this is their problem not Microsoft's issue.

What I have done so far
Factory reset on my phone as well as the 3 other co workers phones.
I thought it might be a permissions issues on skydrive so on the new created "Rooms" I gave them permissions at the root on skydrive - Still didn't work
I have created new rooms send invites to each phone. Each phone has created and invited one another and non of them work.
Nokia called me again last night with the same questions. But on a plus note they have now recreated the issue and have now sent me to Tier 3 Tech support. They should be calling me with in a few days.
I'll keep you posted on what is going on.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte