Wallet? Am I doing something wrong?

Ben Adams08

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, picked up a Lumia 920 yesterday and I am having some issues with the Wallet app.

When I go into the application I can only see "All" and "Deals". Nothing for the supposed "Featured" which has your applicable applications. Also when I go into "+" in deals I only get "add deal info"?

According to the FAQ I should be able to see both the "featured" section and an option for "find local deals"?

Am I missing some setting etc?

With Orange UK, info I got from below link

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/basics/add-cards-and-deals-to-wallet

Thanks all!!

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, picked up a Lumia 920 yesterday and I am having some issues with the Wallet app.

When I go into the application I can only see "All" and "Deals". Nothing for the supposed "Featured" which has your applicable applications. Also when I go into "+" in deals I only get "add deal info"?

According to the FAQ I should be able to see both the "featured" section and an option for "find local deals"?

Am I missing some setting etc?

With Orange UK, info I got from below link

Adding cards and deals to Wallet | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)

Thanks all!!

I can only assume that if you don't see certain options, that either your carrier has disabled it, or the service itself is not available in your country. Not all services and features are available in all countries.

I'm in the US and I can see deals, add deals, and search for nearby deals.

The "featured" section is for apps that plug into the Wallet hub, and considering that Windows Phone 8 and its accompanying SDK only just launched, I can't imagine that there are any apps that plug into the Wallet hub yet. I expect this page to eventually fill up with various banking apps, PayPal (once its updated), and other related financial apps. But so far, I don't know of any that support the Wallet feature. Even here in the US, I don't see a featured page, and I don't think there any apps or banks that support the NFC functions or Wallet hub... yet.

Last edited:

Ben Adams08

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I had a very disturbing feeling that country/carrier lock out maybe the case... MS needs to sort stuff like this out quickly, no good having a key feature that doesn't work if you're not in the US or by letting a carrier decide what features we can have...

Again thanks mate...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro