Local Scout review broken in WP8?

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my Lumia 920 and checked Local Scout to see if there were any changes. It shows the stars for each establishment, but when I swipe over to buzz it says there are no reviews available. I have tried this in different locations and restaurants, but no reviews. This used to work fine on my Focus. Can someone else check to see if you are also experiencing this issue?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
There have never been reviews on it in Canada. Nor is it available here without changing some settings to US settings. Hard to justify supporting us up here when we have so much trouble keeping our igloos from melting. Thanks Microsoft.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
This feature is broken. Two weeks ago when I got my Lumia 920, it worked sporadically, now nothing. I reported this to @winphonesupport on Twitter a week ago, and they told me they are investigating. Still works on my Lumia 900 on WiFi even without a SIM card installed. Does anybody with an HTC have same problem? Wonder if Nokia screwed something up with their own maps implementation.

Have you noticed you can't press and hold on a phone number or address to copy from a POI listing? You could in WP7.5. Reported this to @winphonesupport, also. They're completely clueless. Took ten tweets for them to understand I wasn't trying to copy/paste within IE10. I think they must all use Android or iPhone.

kfarouki

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a resolution to this? My brother's 8x, on ATT, is showing the same symptoms --> any POI that he goes to in maps/location scout, the "buzz" pivot (formerly "reviews") is empty with only the text "No reviews are available for this place."

Going to the same POI on my Lumia 900, or friends various WP8 devices does have plenty of review information for the same POI. :-(

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever find a resolution to this? My brother's 8x, on ATT, is showing the same symptoms --> any POI that he goes to in maps/location scout, the "buzz" pivot (formerly "reviews") is empty with only the text "No reviews are available for this place."

Going to the same POI on my Lumia 900, or friends various WP8 devices does have plenty of review information for the same POI. :-(

Seems it's Microsoft's problem that they will have to fix with a future update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6