Error code 80070003 Lumia 820

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
All my music on my Lumia 820 SD card now won't play and comes up with error code 80070003. It had been playing fine. Anyone else got this problem or suggestions?

Joshua Tretakoff

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing it

Specifically, around video files that are MP4's. They are TV shows I have (non DRM). Ironically, I also loaded an MP4 movie, and it went fine. The difference seems to be the method: one was converted (the movie), whereas the TV shows were ripped from a disc I own.

kylebish

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I get the same error. I thought it was a bit rate incompatibility issue, but now I'm really not sure. Now my phone refuses to sync new music...

Mixarim

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a solution which works, but don't know why.

Change the date of the device (Settings-> Date and Time) to an year greater than 2050. (uncheck set date and time automatically).
Then delete the files from SD card, copy to your computer.
Restart your phone.
Copy the files back to SD card.
Open Music App. The files will refresh and should work flawlessly!
Restart your phone!

PS: I think that this is caused due to the fact that the cache files are stored for a very long time on Windows phones, especially for the system apps. Therefore, if you have made major changes recently, it may not update the cache and hence the files conflict. Increasing to a very advance date, forces the cache to refresh due to the date difference!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon