Lumia 820 error code 80070003

Loffies

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Change the location. Open music, select songs. At the top it reads "showing" (in white) "phone" (in green) tap phone and select SD card. The error is because it is looking for the songs on the phone not on the card.

jdryyz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
So I recently starting working with an HTC ONE M8 Windows Phone 8.1 (not by choice, my company is moving away from Blackberry). And one of my big headaches right now is getting my 32gb worth of music files transferred over. The specs on HTC say .aac and .m4a are supported. My files came from iTunes that originated from CD rips, not the iTunes music store, so no DRM. The files play fine on my old Blackberry. Heck, the Blackberry even supports .flac to my surprise. Well, after a couple of false starts, I was able to get a small amount of files moved over to my microSD using the Windows Phone Desktop app for Mac OS. I did get an error that popped up regarding a podcast, but that's not important right now. When I go to play these files, I get the same error on the subject line of this thread. What gives? Are the file formats not really supported or does this error mean something else?

Not wanting to give up yet, I tried the same steps but this time using the Windows Phone Desktop app for PC. I first copied my iTunes songs into the Windows Media music folder and then launched the Desktop app. It had no trouble identifying all the music and I synchronized successfully to the SD card on the phone. When I go to play the songs, same error messages. Along the way, I tried different SD cards, reformatting and using internal memory. Nothing helped.

I then tried a fresh CD rip using Windows Media Player (Windows 7 OS) and I ripped to the WMA lossless format. I am now getting songs to play!! But...and this is a big but...no album art. WTF? The album art appears fine in Media Player. Why is this metadata not being picked up by the xbox music player? I am content with having to possibly re-encode all of my music into WMA to satisfy this player but not at the loss of album art.

I have heard of a great app that is supposed to help put the art back in (forgot the name) but it is not currently 8.1 compatible.

Any suggestions on a better way to go about this is appreciated. I know there are alternative apps to the xbox music player. I have no desire to stream or to sign up for other services through the native player so if there is a better player, I am all ears. I've read about other complaints with the built-in player so maybe something will be done about it eventually.

Last edited:

jdryyz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Well I think I figured it out. I couldn't just transfer the .aac files from the Blackberry in their native folder structure due to the extra files that the BB OS throws in there. After this success, I made another discovery. It seems the Windows Phone Desktop app will automatically reduce the bitrate of source audio files without warning! At least this is the case using the app. Under Windows 7, my Windows Phone's storage will mount and I can access the SD card directly. When I tried to manually move over audio files, it popped up to warn me that they may not be playable and would I like to convert them? Interestingly, when I did the same with wma lossless files, it warned me still and I declined to have them converted. They were still playable from xbox music! So, what is the bottom line here, are lossless formats supported on the Windows Phone 8.1 or does it depend more on the hardware? I am thinking a combination of both.

I have now taken the approach of converting my Apple Lossless source files to .aac 320kbps in an effort to retain the artwork. This just so happens to come under 30GB (source files adds up to 80GB) so the entire collection should fit on my 32GB SD card.

One more thing I cannot understand is why are my audio files not categorized under storage sense properly? No matter what format or transfer method used, they always show up under "other". Do I have to download songs from the internet to get them to appear as "music"? :wink:

Last edited:

Manuel Mares

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Lumia 640 XL, I tried changing all the properties many times, but it just does not works, so I resigned until I remembered the application from Nokia, "MixRadio", then I opened my music from it and it works, so I started to reproduced all my music there.
Yesterday I tried again in "Xbox Music" app, and for some reason it works out, I could reproduce all of my music there, seems like opened from "MixRadio" repair the error.

Sorry for bad english, I'm from M?xico... And yes, I like tacos

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Follow some steps for solving 80070003 error:
1. Switch off the Wi-Fi/dataplan.
2. Head to date+time settings
3. Change the year to 2075(I used it).
(put the automatically time update off after changing year)
4. Restart your phone.(don't confuse with soft reset)
5. After switching on your phone, open Music.(and let the searching go on)
6. Now change the year to current and turn on automatically update.

Enjoy!!!

markpsych

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey Aman Deep,
I registered with this website just to say thank you for the trick :)

It worked in the first go for me ..!!

Same here. Had the same problem with my Lumia 640, for music I was putting onto a 64GB sd card. After thinking it must be a faulty card and trying everything for 2 days (inc. low level format, etc.) your advice fixed it. Now appears to be working perfectly.

jpmax12

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for the method wich seems "curious", but works !
I had the same error with Lumia 735. I think it's really a Windows Phone bug....

Richard H2O

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Try the "Listen" app... bypasses X-Box music and is a really clean and neat looking app. I previously tried formatting my SD card, copying and pasting within File Manager, and even using Windows Media Player to sync the files, but when I downloaded the Listen app, it worked first time. I have nothing to do with the creation of the Listen app, by the way. :cool:
What's more - for some (very) unknown reason, it also enables music files to be played within the regular Windows Music app. And so you have two choices for playing music.

KN Srindhi

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

I to had a similar issue on my phone 📱. On the phone itself Copied all music files to root folder of sd card and copying back to music 🎶 folder 📁 resolved the issue. 😊 happy music 🎶

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99