The nightmare of Windows Phone 8 syncing

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Like many other new WP8 users, I'm finding the syncing capabilities of Windows Phone 8 (both the Modern Windows 8 app and the desktop program) with the PC to be severely lacking. I have also tried using Windows Media Player and found it to be inadequate as well.

Ideally I think a lot of us want the Zune software back, especially those of us who have invested heavily in it over these past years with our play counts and autoplaylists and date added info.

At this point however, all I want is something that will just work. Specifically I am looking for a true syncing solution. What I mean by that is that it should replicate the metadata of my music & pictures exactly how it is on my PC. In my pictures it should mirror my folder structure, and if I ever decide to move pictures from one folder to another, or create one, or edit a picture, it should push those changes to my device. In my music if I change the name of an artist or of a genre, than it should also push those changes to the songs on my device. This kind of functionality has been available in the Zune software and accompanying devices (Zune players and Windows Phone 7.x) since at least 2007.

Why do we find ourselves with excellent phones (I'm addicted to night photography on my Lumia 920) but atrocious syncing clients? Microsoft needs to stop trying to push us to the cloud. The cloud doesn't load my pictures lag-free. The cloud eats up my data when streaming songs. MS needs to fix this NOW! In the meantime though, any former or current Android users out there, or anybody else in general, are there any syncing clients that you recommend that will be able to fulfill my needs as stated above? Please, let me know.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am with ya...I found the desktop app later than some and found it a little better so using it for now...but if this is to be working via XBOX Music, we have a long way to go. I am already missing my 64GB Zune...gonna have to learn to live with less physical music on my device...wonder if we can make a hybrid music list of both music on the device and streaming options?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss