Has anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy received their Lumia 920?

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered on October 21st, and it is still in backordered status.

On the upside though (if there is one) some of the stores in my area have gone from "Unavailable" to "Usually ships in 5-7 days" for the 920. I'm being optimistic and hoping that this is a good sign.

I emailed them yesterday regarding my order, and here is an excerpt from the reply I received:

"The product is currently not available, you will be notified through your email with a new estimated time of arrival and as well as if the product is available already. If the order is not available within 30 days the order will automatically be canceled but you will receive an email 5 days prior to the cancellation. You may choose to cancel it or extend it by contacting 1-888-237-8289."

CJ Pangman

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. I bought a cyan in full back on 10/21 and my status is still listed as backordered. Nokia really botched this launch and should have produced more (or they should be shipping more). I'd rather have waited until December and known they were 100% ready to fulfill all preorders on launch day rather than have my phone still preordered what's looking to be at least 2 weeks after launch. The preorder is practically obsolete now - by the time Best Buy is ready to ship this thing to my house, they'll most likely be available in all stores. At the same time, Best Buy shouldn't be selling something that they cannot receive any stock for - so this is on Nokia and Best Buy (technically AT&T too since I'm sure this delay has something to do with the fact that AT&T nabbed an exclusive deal somewhat last minute). I can honestly say I have never encountered this before with a preordered item and have already decided that if I don't hear anything by Friday from Best Buy, I'm cancelling my preorder and driving an hour to the nearest Microsoft Store to pick one up since they have all colors in stock in their store.

Why Best Buy then? Because love them or hate them, they do offer a good protection plan. If you drop your phone and it breaks, you bring it in to Best Buy, they take care of the shipping and replacing with no deductible, PLUS they give you a loaner phone to use until you get it back. Sure, AT&T has a protection plan too, but there's a $100 deductible every time you replace it and there's no option to buy the plan outright - they make you pay monthly on it. The only benefit is that AT&T has theft protection, but let's be honest here - you are far more likely to drop your phone and break it than be stupid and leave it somewhere for someone to steal it.

Blah, this sucks. I am so jealous of everyone who got their phone on launch day. I am not nearly as excited about getting this phone as I was a few weeks ago. Thanks a lot Nokia and Best Buy. Oh well, if anything, at least by waiting for Best Buy, I am getting a much better protection plan, which I'm sure I'll be happy I waited for when that fateful day comes where my phone goes flying and cracks like all phones do (good build quality means nothing if you drop it the right way or too many times).

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to know I am not alone! I wish the status would hurry up and change. Thanks for the heads up on the insurance plan as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3