"Me" Tile crisp to pixelated

dbG33K

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today, the picture that shows up on my "Me" tile was wonderfully crisp and HD-looking. Now, however, it's gone back to the way it always looked on WP7, which was pixelated and just low quality.

Why has it changed? Is it because of low battery, poor cell connection, some setting I accidentally changed, or a bug/glitch?

Anyone noticed this happening? I'm using a Nokia Lumia 920, btw.

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No, the only the I've done on Facebook is coupling Draw Something with my FB account.

It's because you are using Google for the photo.

Google syncs like poop and it's a limitation on their end. If you use Windows Live, the problem will go away when you upload a profile pic.

dbG33K

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, I have the same picture set for both accounts. How do I specify which accounts picture for my phone to use?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Delete the profile picture from your Google account. Then it will always use the high resolution one from Live.com.

Also, consider de-Googling your life. I did it a year and a half ago and it was liberating, I got better performance from Live.com than any Google service provided, and I wasn't having all my private data sold to advertisers. The more people who de-Google their lives, the greater chance we'll have of the limitations imposed by Google's sub-par user experiences becoming everyone else's problem by default, too.

dbG33K

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any pictures on my Google account, though, since it's just for email. The picture I use is on my Facebook as well as my own Hotmail (Windows Live).

Ugh, I just can't stand seeing such a fuzzy picture on such a gorgeous HD display! :(

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Go into outlook.com/hotmail and set up Hotmail to retrieve your Google messages and put them in your Hotmail account.

Then, delete all Google account information from your phone.

Then, restart the phone and wait for the image to sync with Hotmail/Facebook. It will render in high resolution.

nfletch05

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same thing and it does not take that long to occur. Maybe 30 minutes. I am not using a photo tied to Google or facebook. It is a photo I uploaded to hotmail from the phone for the purposes of changing the "ME" photo.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine as well. The picture I am using is from my Xbox avatar. I took a screen capture photo and then cropped it for the tile. At first it was HD now it looks like very pixilated. Is there a way to fix it. I don't have any google account on my phone so that isn't the problem as stated earlier.

Ky772

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this is getting alarmingly regular. I would upload the picture, look at it from the main page and it would immediately pixelate. I am uploading directly to Live from my phone. What is going on here?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This isn't going to help anybody but just to show that it can work I thought I'd share this with you.

I have a google account, a Windows Live account and a Facebook account hooked up to my phone. The picture in the Me tile are crisp, sharp and look great. Has done for two weeks since I got the phone. The tiles I have setup for my sisters initially had compressed pictures. I clicked on them in the people app and then clicked on the picture. Changed it from google to Facebook and it went HD again. They have stayed like that for a week since I did it.

So, you don't need to de-google your phone. Although I agree that de-googling would be quite liberating, you don't need to do it. Thats not what's causing your problems. I've got google all over my phone and everything is working and looking great.

wish I could offer more help but I can't.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a Facebook account or any google accounts. Only my outlook account. I take a picture from my 8x, upload it to my outlook account and it pixels very quickly, every time. not sure why this is happening at all...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb