Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Earlier today, the picture that shows up on my "Me" tile was wonderfully crisp and HD-looking. Now, however, it's gone back to the way it always looked on WP7, which was pixelated and just low quality.

Why has it changed? Is it because of low battery, poor cell connection, some setting I accidentally changed, or a bug/glitch?

Anyone noticed this happening? I'm using a Nokia Lumia 920, btw.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    It should be the picture from your Facebook page have you made any changes to your Facebook?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    No, the only the I've done on Facebook is coupling Draw Something with my FB account.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbG33K View Post
    No, the only the I've done on Facebook is coupling Draw Something with my FB account.
    It's because you are using Google for the photo.

Google syncs like **** and it's a limitation on their end. If you use Windows Live, the problem will go away when you upload a profile pic.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The thing is, I have the same picture set for both accounts. How do I specify which accounts picture for my phone to use?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Delete the profile picture from your Google account. Then it will always use the high resolution one from Live.com.

Also, consider de-Googling your life. I did it a year and a half ago and it was liberating, I got better performance from Live.com than any Google service provided, and I wasn't having all my private data sold to advertisers. The more people who de-Google their lives, the greater chance we'll have of the limitations imposed by Google's sub-par user experiences becoming everyone else's problem by default, too.
    aubreyq and kitelessd like this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I don't have any pictures on my Google account, though, since it's just for email. The picture I use is on my Facebook as well as my own Hotmail (Windows Live).

Ugh, I just can't stand seeing such a fuzzy picture on such a gorgeous HD display! :(

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Go into outlook.com/hotmail and set up Hotmail to retrieve your Google messages and put them in your Hotmail account.

Then, delete all Google account information from your phone.

Then, restart the phone and wait for the image to sync with Hotmail/Facebook. It will render in high resolution.

Mine does the same thing and it does not take that long to occur. Maybe 30 minutes. I am not using a photo tied to Google or facebook. It is a photo I uploaded to hotmail from the phone for the purposes of changing the "ME" photo.

I just changed my picture 15 minutes ago for testing purposes. It is already heavily compressed and pixelated.

wp_ss_20121116_0001.png

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same problem. What happened?

When you click on your profile pic, does it show Google in your "Post Updates To"?

Mine as well. The picture I am using is from my Xbox avatar. I took a screen capture photo and then cropped it for the tile. At first it was HD now it looks like very pixilated. Is there a way to fix it. I don't have any google account on my phone so that isn't the problem as stated earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    When you click on your profile pic, does it show Google in your "Post Updates To"?
    Nope

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Okay, this is getting alarmingly regular. I would upload the picture, look at it from the main page and it would immediately pixelate. I am uploading directly to Live from my phone. What is going on here?

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This isn't going to help anybody but just to show that it can work I thought I'd share this with you.

I have a google account, a Windows Live account and a Facebook account hooked up to my phone. The picture in the Me tile are crisp, sharp and look great. Has done for two weeks since I got the phone. The tiles I have setup for my sisters initially had compressed pictures. I clicked on them in the people app and then clicked on the picture. Changed it from google to Facebook and it went HD again. They have stayed like that for a week since I did it.

So, you don't need to de-google your phone. Although I agree that de-googling would be quite liberating, you don't need to do it. Thats not what's causing your problems. I've got google all over my phone and everything is working and looking great.

wish I could offer more help but I can't.
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!
    fusioncept likes this.

This happens to me too... Don't know why....

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    +1 i did start a thread a few days back saying the same thing.

I do not have a Facebook account or any google accounts. Only my outlook account. I take a picture from my 8x, upload it to my outlook account and it pixels very quickly, every time. not sure why this is happening at all...

Same as here Lumia 920 . It is not because of google or facebook account , there is a bug .

I went ahead and changed my profile picture at live.com. It looks beautiful and high res there, when it synced down to my phone the quality definitely degraded.

I wonder if something is causing it to sync at the resolution for the non-HD or WP7 device tiles and then it gets scaled up.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue, looks crisp, then jagged a few seconds later. And I am syncing the pic from my phone and from hotmail so google is not an issue...

Same issue here on a Lumia 920. I don't have any google stuff on it.

Me too, I just used a pic on my phone to put on my ME profile. Looked great. Later in the evening, I noticed it was all pixelated

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Sent a tweet to winphonesupport about this matter. Will let you know when I hear back.
    Thanked by:
    uktivo 
    StingWP8 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast