05-03-2013 09:34 PM
- Hi all,
On the Lumia 800 I had the Counters from Nokia where I could monitor my data traffic. On the 920, WP8, it's not available. Any alternative to monitor my data traffic? I checked my service provider, and there seems to be really weird high data traffic, and I would love to know what's causing it. (even when I'm sure I'm on wifi)
Cheers and thanks in advance.11-14-2012 09:18 AM
- Data Sense at the moment depends on the carrier, but with the amount of people complaining I think Microsoft might pull the trigger and make it available to all, with specific features carrier-dependant (like the data compression).
In the very very very worst case, Nokia will updated their Counters app to work with WP8. So wait a few days and we'll know the answer :-) I'm eagerly waiting for this.11-14-2012 09:22 AMLike 1
- BTW I have 5GB data plan ,, something wrong with my L920 .. after 3 days the service provider sent me a message informing me that I've used 2.5 GB just in 3 days and i am not using it too much. just a few hours daily.
I think there is issue with my L920
we need to know how much data our lumia920 using to know whats wrong :mad:11-21-2012 01:48 AM
- Is there other way to control this usage? Here in UAE, I have 1 GB of data package, after just 5 hours of usage, etisalat sent me a message that I already used my package and was charged AED 12 ($3.2) already. Please note that I just received this phone today afternoon, and in my iphone 4s i average 500-800 MB per month only.01-02-2013 03:04 PM
- Note if you have a PC you can use as a proxy and wifi, you can figure out what is going in and out of your phone using Fiddler:
Fiddler Web Debugger - Debugging Windows Phone Traffic
Debugging Windows Phone 7 device traffic with Fiddler - Fiddler Web Debugger - Site Home - MSDN Blogs01-02-2013 08:30 PM
- Just visited Etisalat and they confirmed that there was some glitch on my plan because I was using before an Iphone and then on the last cycle of the month I suddenly switch to Lumia. but I dont know really why it happend. Just now for the last two weeks with my data always on I consumed 300MB already which acceptable. But still, MS or Nokia should must provide an app/utility to monitor the data usage.01-18-2013 12:12 PM
- Live titles that requires internet to be updated basically needs alot of data to be able to give LIVE information..dont u think?
Guys! im sure that WP8 live titles and the backrgroup data usage of wp8 is very high...for example...My carrier, if i turn on 3G, every like 5 minutes they inform me the usage of my 3g. i also have noticed, that wp8 eats alot of data even if its on standby...Also, i recall, when i bought my lumia, wifi and 3g were enabled..if im using my phone wifi is on and no notifications from my carrier using 3g, but when its on standby, every 5 minutes i get notifications that my im using alot of data! It was so confusing so i checked the web and i was acknowledged that wifi doesnt keep alive after its locked! So now i hope its fixed with the update for u guys i have to wait till Feb! But the point is, live title that requires internet and account syncs and sure different application eats lots of ur data.01-19-2013 04:43 AMLike 1
- Still nothing provided by Nokia or Microsoft or even a private developer? Seriously? There's an app I can use which gets details from my phone carrier (it gets some of the same info I'd get if I logged into my account in a browser) but there's a time lag of about a day - that makes it harder to track why I've used about 600 MB in my first 12 days with the Lumia 920 (I typically used a bit over 100 MB a month on my N97). My N97 has a Log app as part of the firmware. Can it really be that hard to make an app that measures data usage in WP8?03-13-2013 08:20 AM
- 03-13-2013 08:33 AM
- Is there still nothing here?
I am with Vodafone in the UK, have a 920 for a few weeks and would love to know my data usage as it's a corporate device and I don't want to go over my limit.
I do put it on wifi wherever possible - but surely it's simplicity for MS, Nokia or Vodafone to release a usage monitor......04-22-2013 07:57 AM
GPS also doesn't drain your data (nor your battery), unless of course you use a GPS tracking app.
When you first run a wp8 device it might be possible that synching from the cloud all your backed-up data (mainly sms, settings and app list) requires more data than an average use. Also, the process might require more data than usual if you set up your email account to download and sync all your emails/folders04-22-2013 10:00 AM
- 04-22-2013 10:02 AM
- Check with your carrier: they might have an app for it. Or if they don't (after requesting one), ask them for the website of your mobile line (they might even have a version optimized for smartphone screens), where you can find all the information you need about your balance, your data, sms etc
But thanks for suggestions :)04-23-2013 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD