Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wprob

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that selecting Bing as my lockscreen wallpaper would have rotating images. That doesn't seem to be working.

Is my expectation wrong or is the software not working as intended.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Which phone are you doing this with?

Doesn't work on my 8X either.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Which phone are you doing this with?

even did a hard reboot 2x
    It switches to the bing image of the day. It only switches once per day.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    It switches to the bing image of the day. It only switches once per day.
    This is my experience as well with using it on my desktop. I changed my lockscreen to Bing just now to see if it switches later today or tomorrow.

I hope it works Bing finds some pretty interesting pictures.

It switches on my 8X daily, but it seemed to take a couple of days before it started switching.

I don't think I get the picture of the day though. Today it's a weird shot of the moon.

doesn't work on my 920

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Not working on my 920 either -- it's possible that it takes several days to switch but you'd think they would give you the image of the day.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    lumia 810 - works great, different, beautiful image every day. i'm hooked and not sure why, something so simple :)
    kittengirl likes this.

It works on my 920. I know that doesn't help, but wanted to make sure people knew it's not a phone specific problem. It does only change once a day. Which is ok...but when there is a dumb picture, you have it all the live-long day.

Quote Originally Posted by runam0k View Post
    It switches on my 8X daily, but it seemed to take a couple of days before it started switching.

I don't think I get the picture of the day though. Today it's a weird shot of the moon.
    This. When you set it to Bing, it will be that days wallpaper. It will stay that way the next day, then change the following day. It runs one day behind the Bing wallpaper on the search button.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    This. When you set it to Bing, it will be that days wallpaper. It will stay that way the next day, then change the following day. It runs one day behind the Bing wallpaper on the search button.
    I don't think that's right. Mine was broken for some time, but MS has fixed it on the back end. If you set it to Bing, your lock screen will now be that day's Bing search wallpaper
    Thanked by:
    gmfeld 

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Mine seems to be changing everyday (Lumia 920)
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
    Mine is changing every day and is the same as the day's Bing Search wallpaper.
    Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820

They may have done a backend update then. It had been changing, just a day behind for me.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    It just started working for me too but it is also a day behind. Oh well, at least it's working now.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Try switching it away from Bing then back to it. Should sync up after
    Mine does not work at all. I have tried just a photo, Facebook, Bing, but all it appears with the lock screen is a blank white (or black) page. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Not working on my 920 and also not working on my 1020. Why does msft keep having stupid simple bugs like this?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    It works for me. The Bing wallpaper changes daily on both my 1520 and 1020.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtd View Post
    Not working on my 920 and also not working on my 1020. Why does msft keep having stupid simple bugs like this?
    Soft reset your phone...switch on data connection...go to lockscreen and randomly tap

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    My 1020 is new. The 920 was just factory reset. I can turn off Bing and back on to get it to switch. Otherwise I haven't been able to get it to change on it's own.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Both my phones Bing wallpaper is now updating after waiting a day or two but it's a day behind. That's annoying because you can't click the search button to see image info.