Email attachments zip files, anyway to save to phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I do not have internet sharing (wont pay for it). I have a zip file in my email that I need to get on my computer as I am working somewhere with no WiFi access.
I see no way to save the file to anywhere on my phone that I can access when I connect phone to computer. The only folders shown when connected are Docs, Music, Ringtones, Videos.

It would be nice to be able to save email files of any type to a personal folder you can use for storage

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been harping on this for a while. It amazes me hoe this is such a non issue to Microsoft. I get videos all the time. I want to save it directly from that email. Not some round about sky drive way. Makes no sense to me. In other words its not possible.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Genserik

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try looking into an application called dropbox. I was able to unzip files there. Don't know about transferring the file after that since I don't get my Nokia until tomorrow XD

JeanGeorgesM

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I do have the same "problem" with the phone.
I will use my PC and sync the MP3 to the phone but I start to understand why people like Android.
There should by a "door" to enable fancy functions on the phone, same as Windows 8 on a PC.
George

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the few things holding me back from getting WP8. I've been able to save a file on my phone for almost 10 years. Why can't I do it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb