How many taps for Ring + Vibrate --> Silent in WP8

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I like ring + vibrate during the day, but do not want just vibrate at night when I sleep. I want it fully on silent, but still on with network access to download everything.

To do this on my Titan, I have to go to Settings, Ringtones + Sounds, and then toggle both buttons. Then in the morning I have to do the same exact thing to undo this.

Has WP8 made it any easier to do this? I wish you could cycle through Ring & Vibrate, Vibrate, and Silent when you hit the volume rocker and tap the appropriate button.

TechnoGuru

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found that option either, and one of the very few things I miss about iPhone 5/iOS 6 is the Do Not Disturb function to turn off the phone during the sleeping hours.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately not. The Vibrate option is still a separate control in the settings so you either get Ring+vibrate/vibrate or Ring/Silent depending on that toggle. Maybe you can get an NFC keychain tag or something that you can program to disable/enable vibrate and put the phone in vibrate/silent mode that way. =)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been wanting this for a while too. Seriously, how hard could it be to add 2 more options to that button? Or add a second button so you can toggle the ringer and vibrate separately? I would think that an intern could add this feature in like an hour.

Sometimes I wonder about MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3