Having a hard time deciding 8X or Lumia 920

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Microsoft Store the other night picking up a copy of COD, and had a chance to play with the two phones. I thought for sure when the phones came out that I was going to pickup the Lumia 920. After trying out the HTC 8X in the store, I am having a hard time figuring out which one I want now. The 8X camera seemed great as well, and seemed faster to actually take the picture than the Lumia 920. I read one review that the HTC 8x felt good in the hand, and that also was true. The 920 was great, but a bit heavier. The low light shots were awesome, (store was dimmed during the COD release). Has anyone else had the same dilemma? If so, which one did you go with, and why?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not have either, but if I were to get one, it would be the 920, hands down.
Not an any particular order

1. Price (GB and Charger)
2. Nokia Apps and Exclusives
3. Nokia actually cares about it's customers by providing updates and replies to questions/comments
4. Can be used fully with Straight Talk
5. I have a Titan II - Great phone but HTC has not followed through with promisses
6. I really can't stand the plastic color ear speaker on the 8X

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You get a 14 day trial period. Try the one that appeals to you the most, and if you're not happy, bring it back and swap it for the other device within that trial period.

cgold1

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem deciding and went with the 920 because its cheaper for significantly more storage, it felt heavy at first and the screen seemed big but I hoped I'd get used to it. But I didn't, and am exchanging it for an HTC 8X. The 14 day exchange policy is a godsend id recommend doing that, just have them ship the wireless charger to the att store because if you don't you have to return it separately.

Since att still doesn't have any HTC 8X's in stock I can't tell you whether I prefer it for anything other then its size/weight yet though.

I can say that in my experience, if you have trouble texting with one hand on the 920 and think it will get easier with practice, it wont.

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
In Germany the 8x is actually a bit cheaper so that made the decision easier for me. I really liked my 800 but I am not eager about the phone being too much bigger. It seems like the 8x would space out the volume more evenly so that's one of the reasons I went with it. I don't have much space for the phone at work so it has to work well in my pants pocket.

Beyond that you have to decide if there are things that limit you with one choice or another. In my case it was a size+weight+cost decision. Besides that I have not really needed that much space on my phone. I usually only keep a few albums I like on it and listen to more music on my stereo or stream through spotify. The camera is also not much of a worry for me because I use my "big" camera for that.

There are a lot of good reasons to get the 920 though and I might have thought harder about it had it been cheaper here and available on my carrier.

rmorgan999

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Have both a 920 and 8x. I would say the 920 is a better phone overall and the killer differentiator for me is memory. 920 has 32gb where 8x had 16. Neither are expandable. 920 camera is also better. Both are good phones though.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have both 8X and 920.
I bought 8X last year at November, and switched to 920 at the beginning of this month. Why did I switch?
Ok, let me explain.
1. I need good camera (8X has very bad one as always in any HTC phones)
2. I need more storage! 32 vs 16
3. I need better support from vendor!
(I have wrote big post in 920 section of this forum, so you can check it to find what difference I found between these two phones).

I do not like size and weight of 920, but it is what I have to live with. More features overwhelm cos. things.

So my suggestion - Buy 920. You are gonna love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo