Anyone elses' Xbox Music app unbearably slow and buggy?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is on a Lumia 920

It takes like 2 seconds after selecting something for it to register.

Takes like 2 seconds to swipe to next track

Often get kicked out of the app back to the home screen

WTF is this?

nlcbryan

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised no one replied to you for almost a year. Maybe ain't much people using xbox music. But this problem plagues me like hell as well. Same exact problems as yours.

One solution is turn off "Connect to Xbox music" in settings. However, you won't get cover arts etc. If you want those for new songs, just turn connect to xbox on, let it download then turn it off again.

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping GDR3 would fix my lack of Smart DJ, no bio, or pics on 99% of artists but it hasn't. Loved Zune on WP7. Absolutly hate Xbox Music. So fustrated I don't even load music on my 928 any more.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
mine is very slow. I try to just play all of the music off of my SD card by hitting the "play" icon at the bottom of the xbox music screen on the phone app. maybe it is because it has to read the songs off of my SD card, but it takes at least 10 seconds to load up. never use to be this slow. I'm on the GDR3 preview

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised no one replied to you for almost a year. Maybe ain't much people using xbox music. But this problem plagues me like hell as well. Same exact problems as yours.

One solution is turn off "Connect to Xbox music" in settings. However, you won't get cover arts etc. If you want those for new songs, just turn connect to xbox on, let it download then turn it off again.

This worked for me, I use MPA Tool already as Xbox Music didn't want to add artist backgrounds and album art in the first place :p

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music has been and continues to be a disgrace. Of course there are those on here that'll swear by it. At this point, I'll even choose iTunes over Xbox music, and iTunes is horrible.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Xbox Music Pass has never worked well on WP8. Downloading an album works half the time and the download hangs on "pending" the other half of the time. The app crashes frequently when attempting to download. It is very laggy when pulling up music from the store, sometimes taking 8-10 seconds to pull up an album on a fast connection. Zune and WP7 worked very well with quick album fetching and downloads. The ONLY thing that is improved with GDR3 is the sound dropouts at the end of each track and the pre-loading of streaming tracks to reduce delay between streamed tracks. If anything, the store part of XBMP is much worse. Meanwhile, XBMP on my Surface 2 is vastly improved over the last few months.

roadcabe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had 0 issues using Xbox music on my Lumia 1020. It's fast, downloads quickly... it's actually my favourite feature of the phone (next to the 41MP camera, of course...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos