Phone Contacts

st3mpy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. Is there a separate "Phone Contacts" area? The only thing I can seem to do is turn off Facebook contacts in "People". Doing that defeats the whole point of the "People" area. Is there a separate "Phone Book" I'm missing? Myself, and I assume like most of you, don't talk to a vast majority of my facbook friends on a daily basis. Therefore, why should their names pop up when I'm searching for my sister's cellphone number?

I assume I'm just ignorant of how Windows Phone works. Can somebody school me?

HTPCdrmr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You can create a group of 'Family' or 'Close Friends' or whatever in the People Hub. I don't think you can search within that group, but you can pin that group to the home screen. WP integrates all your contacts to simplify it. You may actually find that this makes sense (like I did) if you give it some time to get used to.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. Is there a separate "Phone Contacts" area? The only thing I can seem to do is turn off Facebook contacts in "People". Doing that defeats the whole point of the "People" area. Is there a separate "Phone Book" I'm missing? Myself, and I assume like most of you, don't talk to a vast majority of my facbook friends on a daily basis. Therefore, why should their names pop up when I'm searching for my sister's cellphone number?

I assume I'm just ignorant of how Windows Phone works. Can somebody school me?
why not just ask the phone to call the person? you can either ask the phone to "call" or "find" call will dial number, find will bring up the contact info

HTPCdrmr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was also going to suggest the same thing. If you hold down the windows button, you can say "Call Jon mobile" for example. I use it all the time.

st3mpy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately talking to my phone when I'm trying to send a text isn't appropriate in every situation.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Or, you can create a group tile with all of the contacts you have (minus the Facebook ones) and name the group "Phone Book".

st3mpy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'll mess around with it some more. It sucks that you can't search within a Group Tile. I'm just trying to keep things separate, ya know?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue by turning off Facebook in people hub, it leaves your phone contacts, and a simple swipe to the left still brings up all of your Facebook threads, are you saying you want two separate "phone books" one with people you call and one with people on Facebook? Not trying to be a jerk just trying to help if I can

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3