A few questions please

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Email, is there a way to load older email messages, other than changing the amount loaded in the settings?

Also email related, does anyone know why messages sent from the phone don't appear in the sent folder, only ones from other devices?

Text messages, when you type a name in the recipient box, why do only some numbers of a particular contact appear, but not all of them, e.g. Personal mobile appears, but not work mobile.

Contacts list, since transferring over my contacts from my iPhone to the 920, all the numbers are there, but some of the details of the number are wrong, e.g. Mobile appears as home phone etc. I can't seem to find a way to edit the title of a number, there doesn't seem to be an edit option, it only gives you the choice of selecting one of the current ones already under that contact.

Cheers guys.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
When in email, start the charms bar. Click Settings.
There you will have the rest of the options.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When in email, start the charms bar. Click Settings.
There you will have the rest of the options.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Thanks, what question is that the resolution to?

I presume the charm bar is the thing that's bought up when you press the three little dots in the bottom right of the screen?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The Charms Bar is Windows 8, not Windows Phone 8. Don't know why it was even mentioned?

To answer your question, sadly I don't think it's possible to view more emails without changing the setting. Can't really help you with the other questions as I've never had such issues with contacts :(

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Charms Bar is Windows 8, not Windows Phone 8. Don't know why it was even mentioned?

To answer your question, sadly I don't think it's possible to view more emails without changing the setting. Can't really help you with the other questions as I've never had such issues with contacts :(
Thanks shinygerbil, so do you not have the issues that I have (other than the email one)? Have you got WP8 or 7?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm on WP8 :)

My sent-from-phone emails do show up - I don't know whether they are in the Sent folder or somewhere else, but they actually show up as part of the email "thread" as it were. At least that is the case with my main email address, i.e. the one tied to my Microsoft account. Maybe different account types deal with it differently.

As for text messages, I tend to start by finding the person in my contact list, and clicking the "text+chat" option. I don't have many contacts (if at all) who have many different numbers listed under them, so I can't really do much testing on that front.

I *do* know that if you go to an existing messaging thread with a contact, you can hit the Switch button at the bottom to choose pretty much any means of messaging - for example I can send an SMS to somebody's home number if I want to.

As for editing contacts - are they stored in your Microsoft account now? You should be able to tap on a contact, tap Edit (then you'll probably have to tap Edit Hotmail,) tap on a number and it will take you to a screen where you can edit the number and choose the type. All types are listed in here for me - are they not for you? Again, if you're syncing contacts with, say, a Google account it may be different.

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again.

I'm using a yahoo mail account, and messages sent from my phone appear in a different sent folder than emails sent from my laptop/iPad. It's a shame that they're not combined.

I think a lot of my problems are issues with WP8, that'll hopefully be solved in the first update. Actually, does anyone know hen the first update is due? I read that some were hoping for it to include some software update to increase the battery life?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my Yahoo mail account has a similar issue under WP8 - deleted items don't go into the Trash folder but a separate Deleted Items folder. Very annoying, especially when it is the account that tends to accrue the most spam/useless newsletters. This was the same under WP7 too - just checked the account through webmail and the Deleted Items folder is now 800 strong. (I wonder if I can set up a rule to send all items in Deleted Items straight to Trash?!)

No idea about an update. I would expect a wait of at least a month or so, if not longer. I would imagine they're hard at work on it though - it's pretty clear to me that WP8 has been rushed to market and they'll be looking to address as many issues as they can to avoid negative publicity. (Things like the barebones sync apps, confusing music player, lack of notification centre are already picking up a lot of complaints, after all. They surely don't want WP8 to fall flat on its face, right?)

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You'd think so. It's surprising that issues that new users pick up on in a few days aren't spotted by developers/testers before the release date. They can't be that complicated to fix!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills