xbox music pass

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Xbox Music Pass would allow me to stream music on my phone? I signed up for a 30 day free trial, and I still have no idea how to access this on my device. I've tried going to my xbox music account, where it says manage devices, but my lumia doesn't appear there. Nor is there a way to add the device from that webpage. I see nothing in Settings on the phone. I have no idea what the trial even does for me. I have no other xbox devices, no windows computer, so only my phone would operate xbox music.

What does this pass do for me, and how can I access it :mad:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Get the WP app on PC, sync phone and PC account.
If that won't work, get Xbox team to link you up. When I first started, for some odd reason, my Xbox gamer profile was the reason two things won't link up. I went to Xbox site, did online chat, they called me and fixed it in less than 3 minutes!

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just went to streamed music on my 8X no problem right now. Just click on music, select or search for a song or artist you don't have in your collection, and just click the play icon.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just went to streamed music on my 8X no problem right now. Just click on music, select or search for a song or artist you don't have in your collection, and just click the play icon.

I also just did this! So is this our "streaming"? I'm also doing the free trial and is this what I'll be paying the $9.99\month for? Hows the content catalogue?

glassadam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't synced a thing to my PC yet (I have a vista pc running Zune, and my files are a mess so I'm afraid to dive into that freakshow...), but when I added my MS Account to my phone my collection was right there waiting to be streamed. Not that I use it (stupid data caps).

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using it on my Surface and I'm pleasantly surprised at the catalogue. Only one track I can think of that I couldn't find, along with some soundtracks I wasn't surprised aren't on Xbox Music.

I'd recommend it, and I'll be using it between my phone, Xbox and Surface.

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ended up resetting my phone and assigning my live account when first setting up the phone. This fixed it.

But, do I just go to the store and play music? Is that how it works?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I ended up resetting my phone and assigning my live account when first setting up the phone. This fixed it.

But, do I just go to the store and play music? Is that how it works?

As far as I know yes, that is what you do. On my HTC WP7 device, I go into Marketplace, search for the track I want, hit the play icon, and there it streams. Won't be using WP8 unless I get a job though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro