What happened to the group messaging (MMS) option?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
FYI, something i got back from VZW support -

"This messaging option has been disabled because the feature isn't secure enough for our customers. We take our customers security and privacy seriously, and when testing the device the feature didn't operate up to our standards. Thank you for allowing me to assist today, and for being a part of our family. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! "

olsonzoo

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that Lumia 822 also does NOT have group messaging. Same settings screen as shown for the 8X. I just upgraded from a HTC Trophy (WP7) on Verizon and I DID have group messaging so I don't get it either... Sucks. I do absolutely love everything else about this phone though.... Clearly it's a Verizon/WP8 thing - Apple probably made them do it to maintain their contract..... :p

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Any word on VZW group messaging on WP8? I ordered an HTC 8x and am really excited to get my W8 ecosystem started, I did this prior to knowing about this dreadful issue. This is a serious dagger for me and I will definitely be returning my phone within the 14 day window and reluctantly getting a GS4. Anyone got a fresh update? Such a hard issue to research.

Glenver

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to get by with my 8X without this feature but I can't handle it anymore. Is there an app or update coming that anybody knows of?

Otherwise I am going to get an iPhone I guess... I have had WP on Verizon with the Trophy since day 1 and don't want to switch! Ughhh.

On another note, I've had the phone for 3 months or so. Any suggestions on how to trade up to a new phone? I'm past my 14 days and well below my 2 year upgrade mark. This is going to cost me some money...

Once again, extremely frustrated. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Some of the other posts on the subject say that the update/fix is coming in 2nd quarter 2013.
.possibly even may...im toughing it out with fingers crossed

jackmckenzie5

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Can the first person who gets their hands on the 928 check to see if it's still unavailable? I'm looking to switch from my 4S, but group text is a must.

vcisternino

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the 928 today. Absolutely love the phone but i was very disheartened to learn that Verizon disabled the group text feature. Any news on this?

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Darn. Thanks for the update, I've been looking to switch to WP8 from my iPhone in June, but this feature is a must.

Supposedly Verizon has recognized the stupidity of this finally and will be updating all their WP8 line to re-enable the feature, but it isn't there yet. Hopefully soon

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe it. Verizon stonewalled me on this last time with the 8x. On twitter they finally admitted it wasn't a feature, but wouldn't say why. I even got Mary Jo Foley to look into it (via twitter) and she couldn't get an answer either. Then when the 928 was announced. I asked Verizon and Nokia and both responded with "We don't know". I'm beginning to think this is some sort of conspiracy.

Now that they include unlimited texts, maybe they're having network congestion issues. They can't strong arm apple to turn off group text and imessage has mitigated that somewhat. And most droids don't have group text.

I sincerely hope they change their minds and allow the feature

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
lol @ phantom update.

It's highly unlikely it's going to happen at this point. I've been posting in the other thread about my exchange after I filed a complaint with BBB. Originally, there was supposed to be a may update. Then pushed back into june 1. Then pushed back to end of Q2. Tired of waiting, I sent some messages out to HTC and Microsoft about the 8x. They said it was up to the carrier to enable the features. When I told this to my BBB rep (George, nice guy) yesterday, he basically told me that VZW is at the mercy of the manufacturer.

I hate to keep pestering the guy when he has to basically act as a punching bag to my complaints, but it doesn't look like VZW really cares to support their products anymore. Or ever, really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss