11-18-2012 01:14 AM
- I have an 8X. I know most apps are WP7 apps, that isn't my worry. The OS itself is buggy. I tried to make excuses but can't accept daily random reboots. Nobody can argue that as being normal. And it isn't device specific - the Lumias have it too so it must be an OS bug. My skype app works when it is open, and I know it is a preview, but it was meant to be integrated - MS simply didn't finish the OS and the bits they promised before release. At least with Android I can fix bits myself.
I'm not anti WP at all - I really want it to succeed - but I am wary of whether with this many bugs at release it can!11-17-2012 12:05 PM
- It's Windows. Did anybody expect anything different? There will be bugs. My phone has had no random reboot, but has locked up twice while typing and battery leaves a lot to be desired. I remember reading an article about Microsoft basically putting software out that they know has problems and fixing as they go. It is just the way technology goes anymore. Things are changing faster and faster and company A can't keep up with company B and some ***** in a suit somewhere wants results. So as consumers we get a load of bugs to suffer through until they fix it. Once problems are resolved, it's time for the next version and new set if problems. I'll still take all the problems Windows has over an a** backwards Apple product any day.11-17-2012 12:44 PM
- I don't see a point why we should become fanatic fans who would defend faults though? Most of these features are the ones they advertised at launch! If those specific features were working fine and none of the WP7 bugs were addressed, I bet the forum negativity would be to half. But most threads we scan through are surprised frustration because what was advertised on the stage itself doesn't work! It's like advertising siri and then when the customer tries it, siri throws errors! - That never happens right? Even a** backwards Apple can get their star features right!
As long as bugs are concerned - yes bugs are always going to hit and then there are hot fixes, which we won't see with Microsoft.11-17-2012 02:05 PM
- My bing lockscreen works fine, changes daily. Skype is a preview version still so it is not fully working yet. The store issues is likely a bigger issue on their backend as they had some Xbox Live issues last night as well. As for the Xbox music sync and such I think they do need to do some work there and fix things, I think they got the basics in and figured they would tune it after release. (Likely they wanted to release all these new things with the WP8/W8 launch and simply couldn't get 100% of what they wanted done with all those areas so we got slightly beta versions that will get updates as they dial things in.) First world, early adopter issues. =)11-17-2012 02:11 PM
- 11-17-2012 02:50 PM
- The only issues we have seen on our two L920s is the Kids Corner lock screen issue.
We have had no other issues in the week we have had our phones.
No reboots, no Bing lock screen issues, etc...
Our batteries even seem to operate as advertised! :P They usually last about 16 hours on both phones with full charge and regular usage, so no issue there.
Overall we are Very happy with our purchase!11-17-2012 11:09 PM
- "How did you resolve your issues?"
i was unable to resolve my issues. couldn't ever get internet sharing to work... and my sync app for mac stopped working, every time i plug it in it crashes.
took it back :(
i also had random lockups. and a hot battery or something. looking back on it, i bet my phone was totally defective.
Last edited by graigsmith; 11-17-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity11-17-2012 11:38 PM
- Lockscreen apps don't work - FB or Bing wallpapers, never change!Store is throwing up errors on trying to update apps.Xbox Music DRM is pain. All the music that's dragged and dropped works and then stops, then works again!Xbox Music cloud sync - fails every time. Whatever I buy on W8 should go to cloud and then WP8 right? It doesn't!Skype - anyone got it to run in background? For me even if it's running, it gives resuming screen and then connects for a couple of seconds. I don't appear online ever to any of my skype contacts!11-18-2012 01:09 AM
- I've tested a few times with skype without opening the app, my gf called me using skype and it came thorugh like a telephone call. The only annoying thing is i have to put in my passcode to answer, that is annoying, but seems to work.
What i am not sure of is does video calls work on data only? If both and somebody were on data, not wifi, would vid calls work?11-18-2012 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD