Music - In Collection not showing store details

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me first preface this by saying this is my first Windows phone, coming from an iPhone and although the transition has been painful I still like the Lumina 920.

However I just haven't had much success with my music files that I own in My Collection. Some artists have more available to them with the wallpaper, info, and the ability to stream additional music from Xbox music, other artists do not have this. I would understand if it's a super obscure artist, but even an singer as popular as Adele does not give me more info option. Now I check the Xbox music store and see that my naming conventions matches up, and Adele is available in Xbox music. Is something I need to do to the .mps tags on the phone to see specific artists, with the wallpaper and the Xbox music store button?

Thanks!

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, most likely, although I'm not sure we can give you terribly specific guidance. In WP7, this was fairly somewhat of a black box, but was made easer by the Zune software as ithad a feature to make sure tags where in sync with what it was expecting. It doesn't appear that the desktop sync or drag and drop process does this.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How were these files added? By that I mean were they purchased through iTunes and then transferred, ripped from cds, ect. You may notice a track needs to be played/accessed once or twice before Xbox updates the info after it's transferred. A few of the albums I downloaded last night didn't have the info yet but after I played a few tracks some of them popped up.

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All of them were ripped from CDs and then synced via a windows 7 computer with the sync app. It's weird as some have the extra data, and other don't. I just wish there was some logic to it, as it seems rather random.

I won't go into how much tag cleanup I have had to do to make the albums work properly and have artwork.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah, Don't use the app. It's in Beta and the Windows 7 version is a particularly hot mess. I used Windows Media player to reload the albums with the issues and everything works great. I had forgotten how easy WMP is to use but despite not having direct access to the Wicrosoft store it works great for your local content. a bit of a pain but I would manually remove the albums and tracks that you're having trouble with and sync them through WMP.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try to be patient. Windows 7.5 with the Zune software was an amazingly stable and full featured suite that played well together. In an attempt to get Windows Phone 8 to a broader audience and to get it connected OS to OS they appear to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Honestly, I think they rushed this out to get it done before Thanksgiving. If previous experience is any indication these things will get ironed out in the next few weeks to a month. Until then WMP is probably the best way to control your device.

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't seeing the ability to sync in WMP, but I will hook it up again and give it a try. Thanks again for all the information, very much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills