We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree5Likes
  1. BeaverJuicer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?
  2. tebugg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    go into your windows live account (the same one you use for your windows phone) and link your facebook account to your windows live account. make sure under the options in facebook in your windows live account that facebook chat has a check mark in it. make sure in chat options (in your phone) that you are set as available. then restart your phone.
  3. BeaverJuicer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Hi Tebugg, and thank you for your response.

    I have done all of this (in fact, Facebook Chat was the ONLY thing checked off on my Outlook.com account), and sent a text message to a friend through FB chat. I waited about 10 minutes and had received nothing in response. I then went in to FB App, and found that his response was in fact sitting there.

    I have even gone so far as to try to remove and reconnect FB from both my phone and my Outlook.com account.
    qudahamohammad likes this.
  4. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    Hi Tebugg, and thank you for your response.

    I have done all of this (in fact, Facebook Chat was the ONLY thing checked off on my Outlook.com account), and sent a text message to a friend through FB chat. I waited about 10 minutes and had received nothing in response. I then went in to FB App, and found that his response was in fact sitting there.

    I have even gone so far as to try to remove and reconnect FB from both my phone and my Outlook.com account.
    +1
  5. mas90guru's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    The Facebook Messages seems quirky. It does not sync up everything you send receive. For example if you start sending replies via desktop I find that does not sync fully to the Windows Phone. Don't worry - the full Windows 8 messaging app has the same issue.

    I can't decide if it's WAD (works as designed) or if there's a bug. I would expect that the full FB conversation (both sides) would sync fully.
    Jaskys likes this.
  6. uninvitedguest's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    Hi Tebugg, and thank you for your response.

    I have done all of this (in fact, Facebook Chat was the ONLY thing checked off on my Outlook.com account), and sent a text message to a friend through FB chat. I waited about 10 minutes and had received nothing in response. I then went in to FB App, and found that his response was in fact sitting there.

    I have even gone so far as to try to remove and reconnect FB from both my phone and my Outlook.com account.
    Agreed, I share the same issue.
  7. Sergey Gymilev's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I had the same bug and this is WP problem. I just went to messaging hub, who is online. First put offline mobe, than turn on online mode again. Than everything starts working. I see people online and can send and recieve messages. But its a bug.
  8. Nimal Kunnath Aven's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Im sorry but i have a similar question. How do you send a Facebook message from the People hub? Do you have to be online and your freind also online? I was in offline mode and I tried to send a message from People but it was sent as an SMS instead of fb message.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?
  9. Marcos Hidalgo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I have the same issue, no idea how to fix.
  10. ChazTyldsley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I too have this issue.
  11. darkfire2024's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    This is literally my biggest disappointment with wp8.. no reliable facebook notifications and messages! Too many times I have not received messages from fb group chats or friends who are offline or invisible and it makes me want to go back to android.
  12. ChazTyldsley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire2024 View Post
    This is literally my biggest disappointment with wp8.. no reliable facebook notifications and messages! Too many times I have not received messages from fb group chats or friends who are offline or invisible and it makes me want to go back to android.
    Agreed. I can't believe the official microsoft developed Facebook app has no form of notifications whatsoever... mindblowing. Sort it out MS!
  13. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazTyldsley View Post
    Agreed. I can't believe the official microsoft developed Facebook app has no form of notifications whatsoever... mindblowing. Sort it out MS!
    There is only so much MS can do. We need an official Facebook app. The amount of backend changes in FB and Twitter are mindblowing. MS at the end of the day is a third party to Fb and can only keep up with decent changes from time to time.
  14. G4BB0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Hello everyone
    I have the same issue and atm is my biggest disappointmemt as well, i noticed that whenever you friends are not "online" in FB the message won't get delivered; not online i mean not green dot next to the name in the chat list, you see often they can be offline, invisible, through phones etc... Any of these doesnt work.
    I feel this pretty hard to accept considering that the social integration is the biggest feat MS loves to advertise about WP8... Do you know if there is a sort of official channel to report issues on WP8? Like TechNet or... i don't know
    Thanks!
  15. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    25,681 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,780 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by G4BB0 View Post
    Hello everyone
    I have the same issue and atm is my biggest disappointmemt as well, i noticed that whenever you friends are not "online" in FB the message won't get delivered; not online i mean not green dot next to the name in the chat list, you see often they can be offline, invisible, through phones etc... Any of these doesnt work.
    I feel this pretty hard to accept considering that the social integration is the biggest feat MS loves to advertise about WP8... Do you know if there is a sort of official channel to report issues on WP8? Like TechNet or... i don't know
    Thanks!
    Microsoft Support
    G4BB0 likes this.
  16. jdawgnoonan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    I am getting embarrassed. I have had several messages from people that I was not aware that I had missed since I had quit visiting Facebook. Now I know that family has been messaging me and they have thought that I was ignoring the messages. I thought that the Messaging Hub was a great idea and was happy to no longer have the Facebook apps on my phone (I had both the Facebook client and the Messaging app on my Galaxy S 3)...now I am stuck going to Facebook again I guess.

    The Hub is only useful if it works as advertised. It doesn't and so it is instead a pain in my butt.

    I am happy about Windows Phone in every other way but this (to me) is kind of a major issue.
  17. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    609 Posts
    Global Posts
    686 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    the whole thing is crap, they either better get their act together and sort out the whole facebook system (messages, app etc...) or i'll be moving to android very shortly with the xperia Z.
  18. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Yeh the messaging hub seems quite confused when it should or shouldn't receive Facebook messages. And yes I agree we should have toast notifications for the Me hub.
  19. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    710 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    The only way you'll successfully have a conversation through messaging hub is if you're both appearing online. Any one of you appears offline and you won't get the message.
  20. sjhippie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Not that this will solve everyone's issues but I had some funky problems where the option to even send Facebook msg's disappeared. The "switch" icon had disappeared and I could only text. Using a few of the ideas above I started in my account setting and lo and behold I had a "action required" under my facebook listing. Apparently my session had to be renewed. Kind of a "doh, I should have seen that." Re-entered my password and everything is back to normal.

    As a side note... What I find to be weird is occasionally if Facebook is up on my laptop/desktop I'll get the msgs there and not on my phone.
  21. driversearcher's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    I'm having the same problem too.How ever I try everything that been listed here but no avail. I only having problem to received messages from one person only. Other person i could received their reply without problem. The interesting part is, I can send the person my message by when she reply i receive nothing. By the end i just ask her to unfriend me and add me back after that. Then i asked her to send me the message first. And the problem had been solved
  22. pogi920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    There is a good app in the market that i tried before its Fim it serves an FB instant messenger and it has toast notification that shows whose friend gets online and many more features..
  23. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    710 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by driversearcher View Post
    I'm having the same problem too.How ever I try everything that been listed here but no avail. I only having problem to received messages from one person only. Other person i could received their reply without problem. The interesting part is, I can send the person my message by when she reply i receive nothing. By the end i just ask her to unfriend me and add me back after that. Then i asked her to send me the message first. And the problem had been solved
    You don't have to try anything. The built-in integration is severely broken. No amount of what you do will fix it. Only hope is for Microsoft to fix it or for Facebook to release a dedicated Messenger app.
  24. driversearcher's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    You don't have to try anything. The built-in integration is severely broken. No amount of what you do will fix it. Only hope is for Microsoft to fix it or for Facebook to release a dedicated Messenger app.
    Yes ammarmalik.. you're right. I only can chat with that person for 3 days. After that, the same problem happened again. Definitely microsoft had to solve this problem fast as it will degrade it's reputation of windows 8. I also having problem to set up MMS on my phone as there is no APN setting on windows 8. For time being i just install FIM just as been suggested by Pogi 920
  25. Danielle LeGG's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Video in messaging
    By Xtian80 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
  2. Facebook contacts not in messages online contacts
    By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 02:57 PM
  3. Facebook is not showing up in the Marketplace
    By LA6507a in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 10:47 PM
  4. why some apps available on some region and not in another
    By cedarlog in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM
  5. Other chat services in Messages?
    By mtmjr90 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

";