Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Is it possible to transfer files directly from a DSLR (mini usb) to a Windows phone 8 phone (Micro usb)
    Like the connection kit allows it for the ipads (normal USB)

No it is not.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I would assume no. A USB cable is directional when it comes to host vs peripheral. The USB A (normal USB) is the controller or host, while the USB B (mini-B or micro-B) is typically the peripheral. Apple of course does not use a standard USB cable. There may be a workaround for this, but I have never seen a Micro to Mini cable.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    I would assume no. A USB cable is directional when it comes to host vs peripheral. The USB A (normal USB) is the controller or host, while the USB B (mini-B or micro-B) is typically the peripheral. Apple of course does not use a standard USB cable. There may be a workaround for this, but I have never seen a Micro to Mini cable.
    It's not the cables that control any of this, it's the actual devices themselves. WP8 doesn't support USB OTG which is what it would need to actually accomplish this task.

So what's the best way to transfer photos, let's say from a DSLR, to a Windows Phone (Lumia 1320)?

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I suppose you'd need some sort of intermediate device like a pc or tablet then push them to the cloud or email them to the phone. If the camera has Bluetooth, you could also try that.