11-16-2012, 05:12 PM #1
- 8 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I just did a hard reset on my 8X - How do I restore from the cloud backup?
If I try and sign in after the reset, it doesn't connect as the phones not connected to any network until the configuration is complete...
- 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM #2
The phone has to have internet connection through data, obviouslly not wifi because if you reset, you haven't configured your wifi yet. So you need to be in an area with good data connection.
Secondly, once you reset, you will be prompted to sign in your microsoft account where you backed up your apps/settings to the cloud before you reset. Once you sign in, it will prompt you to restore or not, obviouslly if you want to restore, you choose restore.
The issue is, if you skip the signing in part because you have no data connection, you will not be prompted to restore when you try to sign in after the phone is configured. At least i wasn't able to when i did it. So you MUST restore with data connection when you are prompted to sign into your microsoft account right after you reset.
- 11-16-2012, 06:36 PM #4
I said - NO to restore everything after hard reset and my messages are back and restored. I DO NOT honestly understand what Windows Phone 8 is. I had a completely sane and different picture in mind, but to me it just feels like chaos.
- By nascarnate326 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 11Last Post: 09-24-2014, 02:28 AM
- By astroXP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
- By PhysicalAttackPhone16 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 10-04-2011, 08:10 AM
- By fernandez21 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 04-28-2011, 07:46 AM
- By IAmCole in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 0Last Post: 04-20-2011, 10:54 PM