Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    WTH the new Windows 8 software will not copy my paid for Zune/Xbox videos to my phone.
    What am I doing wrong?

Can you not manually copy them from your zune folder to the phone via your normal windows system? (not using zune software etc) My phone shows up as a normal storage device when I plug into my computer and I can copy things to/from it.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Dont think you can, but could be wrong, when i try to buy video through xbox video, under usage rights its this device (surface) and xbox 360.

I dont think the drm covers windows phone anymore, maybe they have to renegoiate with the movie, tv companies.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelSmoot View Post
    Dont think you can, but could be wrong, when i try to buy video through xbox video, under usage rights its this device (surface) and xbox 360.

I dont think the drm covers windows phone anymore, maybe they have to renegoiate with the movie, tv companies.
    this is what I did not want to hear. It works fine on my surface why the @$#$)! Is wp8 different.

found this and all I can say is Microsoft sucks...http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-b92a55815000
    Last edited by RoboMonkey; 11-16-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: found more info

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yea this is why I'm waiting to get wp8 they need to get this worked out. The day I got my surface I bought a movie and it listed windows phone under usage rights

now if I go to buy a movie it just lists the surface and the Xbox 360, what worries me is the drm fix won't be retroactive, meaning it won't cover previous purchases.

from what I'm reading and seeing music may be the same,

Paul Thurrot just posted on this... Better be fixed soon.

http://m.winsupersite.com/windows-ph...ort-xbox-video

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Like I said they suck. My phone goes back in 13 days if this is not fixed.
    i never even thought to check if it worked before I bought it because who the **** takes away functionality!