Internet Explorer on WP8

migespy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I did a pretty good search to make sure.

Is there a way to have IE on WP8 save usernames and passwords to not have to keep re-entering them everytime?

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Im logged in to my youtube and facebook through IE, as long as I don't log out it keeps me logged in. But it does not have any way to save username and/or passwords. Hope it will be fixed tho'

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I did a pretty good search to make sure.

Is there a way to have IE on WP8 save usernames and passwords to not have to keep re-entering them everytime?

Mine has automatically saved my usernames and passwords. Are you using the mobile or desktop version of IE (option is in the settings)?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Im logged in to my youtube and facebook through IE, as long as I don't log out it keeps me logged in. But it does not have any way to save username and/or passwords. Hope it will be fixed tho'

This is off topic but how is the Facebook experience on IE10 compared with the official Facebook apps on iOS or android?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This browser doesn't make any sense at all. If Microsoft wants us to use their products they really need to start improving very basic software such as the browser

dsirico

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If I'm logged into Facebook or another major service like Twitter it seems to hold the credentials. But I have numerous other websites that use a variety of different technology (one being a Joomla Admin that I used to test) and I have to log in every time. The site login expiry is something like 3 months so thats not the issue. I also chose to accept all cookies in the phone's browser settings.

But every single time I have to log in again. I tried on both desktop and full. This has been the case on some third party consulting portals as well (unrelated, varied web technology).

dsirico

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I also have trouble with javascript drop down menus. It shows the drop down but doesn't hold so I can't click on an option. This has happened on 3 sites so far.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
IE10 on WP8 does not save usernames and passwords like some desktop browsers do. Cookies work fine for me, I have yet to have a site where I have told it to keep me logged in where it hasn't.

As for drop down menus it's just something that's broken. I've read on some MS development sites they expect web developers to use a different function other than hover/mouseover when a touch enabled device is being used as opposed to the web browser itself emulating a non-touch enabled device. They expect a function to be used which supports clicking on a menu item to expand since you can't really "hover" using a touch device. I think they will lose that battle.

dsirico

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see a prompt asking me to stay logged in. You see that on your phone when you put a username and password into a site? Because I haven't yet, again, cookies on.

Thats a good point about the hover command but it worked on my iPhone which is weird. The first touch acted as a hover and expanded the menu. I'm flexible and love this phone and OS so much I'll break norm and bend a bit to accommodate but its going to be tough for me to convince the web devs to change their code for a phone with such a small market share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12