Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello,

I need some help. I am not sure if I did something wrong, but the wallet app on my windows phone 8 is not working.

As soon as I go into the app, i see "Updating Wallet...." on top and it just exits. I added a few cards and Paypal account everything was working well. And I decided to remove credit card info by following the details, going to certain website that is mentioned onscreen, most likely some commerce site for microsoft live.

So all now I have a wallet app with my 2 credit cards, my paypal info and some other stuff linked, but i cant use it since it keeps on exiting the app as soon as I open it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
    You've rebooted the handset and tried to load the app again? So you managed to add cards before this issue occurred? Did it start happening once you removed said credit card?

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    You've rebooted the handset and tried to load the app again? So you managed to add cards before this issue occurred? Did it start happening once you removed said credit card?
    Yes. I open the wallet app. enter the pin...n bam....back to homescreen :(

I'm having the same issue, I added my card and for some reason had two entries in the wallet. Logged into the microsoft commerce site to change the cards stored and their was only one listed. I thought I'd start from scratch so removed the entry in the microsoft commerce site, logged into the Wallet on my Nokia Lumia 920 and I get the same updating wallet message and then get kicked out to the app screen. If I turn off wifi and mobile data I can get back into the Wallet but still can't remove the cards. Tried leaving the Wallet on to update for a while but it's eaten half my battery in a few minutes.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darth dalek View Post
    I'm having the same issue, I added my card and for some reason had two entries in the wallet. Logged into the microsoft commerce site to change the cards stored and their was only one listed. I thought I'd start from scratch so removed the entry in the microsoft commerce site, logged into the Wallet on my Nokia Lumia 920 and I get the same updating wallet message and then get kicked out to the app screen. If I turn off wifi and mobile data I can get back into the Wallet but still can't remove the cards. Tried leaving the Wallet on to update for a while but it's eaten half my battery in a few minutes.
    +1
    Since it's not at "Google Wallet" usability as of yet, it's not a big deal for me...more of an annoyance.

Posting here asking for some help. I have a $5 balance on a Microsoft card that I got via Bing. Now I have $0.80 left and tried deleting that card with and it doesn't give me an option. Does anyone know if that sum will be used be applied to a purchase even though I pick another method of payment? If not , how do I get that deleted. I tried and couldn't find a option.

Thanks
    Speed from my Surface

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by darth dalek View Post
    I am having this same exact issue. Can anyone else confirm or does anyone have a fix besides a hard reset?
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD