11-17-2012, 12:20 PM #3
- 121 Posts
Wow, this has to be such an easy and minor thing to implement that I can't believe they did not include it with WP8. This is the top feature suggestion so shows how much they listen to their users. :(
Feature Suggestions: Top (17826 ideas)
And my primary reason for needing this feature is to use an alarm tone for text alerts when I'm on call which I was able to do on my last phone (Windows Mobile 6.5) and the regular Motorola's before that.
- 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM #4
Frankly I think a lot of these little changes will come in 8.x. I think they simply had so much going on with the port to the new shared kernel and such that they were not able to spend time on all the little tweaks they may have wanted to. Just like rumor of the notification center and such. I suspect we will see these things get addressed heavily in the next few updates of the 8.x era.
11-17-2012, 02:07 PM #5
- 982 Posts
I suppose they also wanted to get the "no upgrade path" thing out of the way as soon as they could, before Windows Phone got into the hands of many more people.
- 11-17-2012, 05:07 PM #7
- By Dave Blake in forum ThemesReplies: 20Last Post: 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
- By MrBuckinNasty in forum ThemesReplies: 8Last Post: 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM
- By astroXP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 10-08-2011, 12:44 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 06-01-2011, 10:05 AM