WP8 Calendar

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else find it sort of annoying that the month view of the calendar in WP8 is pretty much useless in getting information, other than whether somethings goin on that day? It just seems like such a waste of space. Why not make it full screen so we can actually read some of the text?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Problem is, it may be large enough on really large screens to be semi-usable, but not all WP devices have large enough screens/resolutions to make this a feasible thing.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Problem is, it may be large enough on really large screens to be semi-usable, but not all WP devices have large enough screens/resolutions to make this a feasible thing.

Can't read on Lumia 920, so I don't know what other device is larger than this? Never could see on Titan either.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about Android, but the iPhone doesn't show anything either in the monthly view. The screen is just too small. Even if they made the calendar "full screen", the text would still be microscopic.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This is something that REALLY bothers me too! Coming from Symbian, where the month view just shows a marker if you have something scheduled that day. And when you tap a day, it shows all the day's appointments in a list beside or below the calendar grid. A much better implementation IMO. I hate single day views which is what WP forces you to use. I've been using the agenda view to make up for it, though I still prefer a graphical month view.

And what's with all the BS text on the month view? Why not put real info in there regardless? My wednesday looks something like:
Egestas rinsi quis
Laecenas sern mattis
Aliquam sodaie
Class aptent tactis

What is this, latin or something?

dloweinc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thought I was the only one that had calendar items in another language... glad it isn't just me (in the month view only, daily view is fine)

jamielife

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I can easily read every line on my 920. For those of us who can see this, it would be nice to see more than Lorem Ipsum.

Also, just because you can't read it on the largest device available today, doesn't mean you wont be able to see it on the largest device out tomorrow. This should have been considered, especially now with all the recent talk oh "Phablets" at CES.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else find it sort of annoying that the month view of the calendar in WP8 is pretty much useless in getting information, other than whether somethings goin on that day? It just seems like such a waste of space. Why not make it full screen so we can actually read some of the text?

Maybe I'm the weird one. It doesn't bother me at all. I just use the month view for navigation purposes. I've never given it a second thought.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I find myself habitually pinch-zooming the month view calendar...So yeah it is annoying me.

Useless for viewing current appointments, but good for quickly making future appointments.

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread asking for store app suggestions on a better calendar. So far 'vsyscalendar' and 'week view 8' offer better views than native.

I was spoiled by great calendar apps on android, looks like we are starting to get decent ones but have a ways to go.

Native one isn't bad but you'd think the creator of Outlook would make a point to make a rocking native version to remind people what MS USED to be the best at...

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The Chronos Calendar app is very nice but sort of useless for me because I use Google Calendar.

I wish I could link Outlook to Google calendar, then all would be great.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thought I was the only one that had calendar items in another language... glad it isn't just me (in the month view only, daily view is fine)

Its lorem ipsum filler text. On the older low rez screens you couldn't read it anyways. Now the high rez screen makes the Loren ipsum readable.

While I'm perfectly happy with the calendar/planner on WP, I could see some additional calendar or week view helpful at times.

Last edited:

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do the folks over at Redmond actually use the Native Calendar for their daily work/lives? Does Steve Ballmer or Joe B actually use it? They can't be happy with it, if they really use Windows Phone. Or maybe they just use something else for their calendar needs, like the still awesome desktop Outlook calendar, or even old school paper filofax or something. The native Windows Phone 8 isn't just cutting it, functionally, or visually.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Do the folks over at Redmond actually use the Native Calendar for their daily work/lives? Does Steve Ballmer or Joe B actually use it? They can't be happy with it, if they really use Windows Phone. Or maybe they just use something else for their calendar needs, like the still awesome desktop Outlook calendar, or even old school paper filofax or something. The native Windows Phone 8 isn't just cutting it, functionally, or visually.

I use it all the time for all my calendars combined. Work, Facebook, MS Account, Birthdays. Works great for all those needs. The Outlook integration is amazing for using at work, so ya they probably use it just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss