Automatic brightness too low on Lumia 920

ravi.tandon

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The automatic brightness on my newly received Lumia 920 Yellow on AT&T seems too low in all different light settings. Even low is more bright. Having problem switching manually in low light conditions. On top of it, I still seem to be affected by battery issue despite trying all suggestions. Others, noting anything with brightness settings?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I love that it goes really low in dim lighting. It makes it easier for me to use the phone in bed while the gf is asleep. The light from the screen doesn't disturb her that way.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I love that it goes really low in dim lighting. It makes it easier for me to use the phone in bed while the gf is asleep. The light from the screen doesn't disturb her that way.

At first I hated the low brightness of the 920, but I remember how I hated how bright my 900 was at night and how it was probably disturbing my wife. So now its actually better for me. I was probably just used to the 900.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I find that auto works fine for me, but if its lower than the Low setting manually then something seems off. Does it ever change brightness on auto or is it always at the same low illumination level? If so it may be faulty in some way. Maybe a restart or hard reset if that doesn't work. Otherwise, take it back. If you can set it manually and the brightness changes on the different settings then the hardware seems fine I would think.

ravi.tandon

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks. Problem is automatic does not change much. I have been using mainly indoors in warm lights, still going from 900 and Tiatan II its low. Manually things change. I will try in Sunlight tomorrow and report back.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if your manual brightness combobox is set to high. When you have auto brightness turned on, the value in the manual brightness combobox still affect the brightness. For example, if you switch to manual and set it to low, then turn on auto brightness, the brightness will be lower in all situations than if you set the manual brightness to high then turn on auto brightness control - even though the manual setting will be grayed out.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was going to start a post and then found this. Coming from a Dell Venue Pro, this is a definite concern. Yesterday I pulled both phones out outside on a cloudy day and the 920 was dramatically more legible. Inside it is notably dimmer than the DVP. It's not illegible, but it's definitely something I'll have to get used to.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you uncheck automatically adjust brightness, then raise the level to a higher level (assuming you aren’t on "High" already), and turn automatically adjust brightness back on, it should raise the over-all brightness of the darkest it will go on auto-brightness.

IDK why they disable being able to adjust the level when auto is selected, seeing as how it does effect the auto mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon