Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By ImmortalWarrior
  • 2 Post By ninjaap
  • 2 Post By brmiller1976
  • 1 Post By sinime

The automatic brightness on my newly received Lumia 920 Yellow on AT&T seems too low in all different light settings. Even low is more bright. Having problem switching manually in low light conditions. On top of it, I still seem to be affected by battery issue despite trying all suggestions. Others, noting anything with brightness settings?
    I love that it goes really low in dim lighting. It makes it easier for me to use the phone in bed while the gf is asleep. The light from the screen doesn't disturb her that way.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    I love that it goes really low in dim lighting. It makes it easier for me to use the phone in bed while the gf is asleep. The light from the screen doesn't disturb her that way.
    At first I hated the low brightness of the 920, but I remember how I hated how bright my 900 was at night and how it was probably disturbing my wife. So now its actually better for me. I was probably just used to the 900.

I find that auto works fine for me, but if its lower than the Low setting manually then something seems off. Does it ever change brightness on auto or is it always at the same low illumination level? If so it may be faulty in some way. Maybe a restart or hard reset if that doesn't work. Otherwise, take it back. If you can set it manually and the brightness changes on the different settings then the hardware seems fine I would think.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Actually, "lower than Low" on auto is the way it's supposed to work in dim light conditions.

Thanks folks. Problem is automatic does not change much. I have been using mainly indoors in warm lights, still going from 900 and Tiatan II its low. Manually things change. I will try in Sunlight tomorrow and report back.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Check to see if your manual brightness combobox is set to high. When you have auto brightness turned on, the value in the manual brightness combobox still affect the brightness. For example, if you switch to manual and set it to low, then turn on auto brightness, the brightness will be lower in all situations than if you set the manual brightness to high then turn on auto brightness control - even though the manual setting will be grayed out.

I was going to start a post and then found this. Coming from a Dell Venue Pro, this is a definite concern. Yesterday I pulled both phones out outside on a cloudy day and the 920 was dramatically more legible. Inside it is notably dimmer than the DVP. It's not illegible, but it's definitely something I'll have to get used to.

So it is normal? Because I have the same "problem".

Have you updated to GDR2 or 3? I noticed it improved with the GDR2/Amber update.
    Proud Windows Phone owner since October 11, 2010.

Yes i've updated to GDR2.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,394 Global Posts
    If you uncheck automatically adjust brightness, then raise the level to a higher level (assuming you aren’t on "High" already), and turn automatically adjust brightness back on, it should raise the over-all brightness of the darkest it will go on auto-brightness.

IDK why they disable being able to adjust the level when auto is selected, seeing as how it does effect the auto mode.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Didn't work. :l Just putting in low, it seems good for me.

Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Low is fine for me, but it could be the fact that I'm used to it, and actually prefer the background to be as dark as possible.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Low is fine but putting in automatic it's too low for me. Lower than low how is it possible.