XBOX Music Problem List

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
An issue that I am having is that I will supposedly upload music via my surface tablet or win 8 computer. Some song that I physically have uploaded seem to be being streamed when listening to songs. Just randomly. And to top it off, sometimes I get the censored version. What is going on? Not cool. I don't like using data to stream music.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
An issue that I am having is that I will supposedly upload music via my surface tablet or win 8 computer. Some song that I physically have uploaded seem to be being streamed when listening to songs. Just randomly. And to top it off, sometimes I get the censored version. What is going on? Not cool. I don't like using data to stream music.

Does it show them as matched?

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am simply just trying to create a playlist from music I have on my phone. This simple task seems difficult if possible at all. I am new to WP8 so it may just be a learing curve. Ideas and suggestions welcome.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I am simply just trying to create a playlist from music I have on my phone. This simple task seems difficult if possible at all. I am new to WP8 so it may just be a learing curve. Ideas and suggestions welcome.

Ive found Windows Media Player to be the easiest and most reliable way for me to do that.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Matched???? Don't know what you mean by that

If a song/album has a little cloud symbol next to it, then that means it is matched. This means you have not uploaded the song, but instead the Xbox Music service has found a version of the song which is already in the cloud, and this is what is being streamed to you.

The Xbox Music service is currently *terrible* at matching songs - as well as being terrible at everything else. It often just goes for what it thinks is the "closest match" which can be hilariously far from the truth.

If you're using your phone, go to Xbox Music, go to Settings and disable "show songs from my cloud collection" and then you will only see songs which are in local storage.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ive found Windows Media Player to be the easiest and most reliable way for me to do that.

Thanks. I know you can do it through WMP and then sync the phone. I was hoping I could create a playlist just by using the phone. This is easy to do via iOS and Android. If I am travelling w/o my laptop and download music, I'd like to be able to create and edit playlist on the fly. Having to sync my phone with a computer is very archaic.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You can create a playlist on the phone. Go to your music and do the following:
1. find a song you want on the playlist
2. hold down on the song to get the menu
3. select "add to now playing"
4. repeat 1-3 until you have added all the songs you want
5. go back to the music and video hub and select now playing (it should show the album art of the first song you added)
6. open the ... menu
7. select "create playlist"

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
You can create a playlist on the phone. Go to your music and do the following:
1. find a song you want on the playlist
2. hold down on the song to get the menu
3. select "add to now playing"
4. repeat 1-3 until you have added all the songs you want
5. go back to the music and video hub and select now playing (it should show the album art of the first song you added)
6. open the ... menu
7. select "create playlist"

I can do everything up to step 5. I do not see any NOW PLAYING...I do see a paused song but no Now Playing list... :(

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
The paused song should be the first song you added to now playing. Select that.

Ah, I needed to play the first song/album...that's what I did wrong...thanks...this works OK for making an Artist Playlist on the fly...still wish we can edit and remove/add to an existing list on the phone but this is OK for now. :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently have 2 issues with Xbox Music on the phone.

1. EVERY song I stream, about 3-10 seconds from the end, the track Skips, finishes the song and start the next song. Rinse/Repeat.

2. I have 5 Playlists that appeared on my phone. They do not show up anywhere else (not in the phone app, in Xbox or anywhere). I cannot delete them, even when I try manually on the device. They all have 0 songs in them.

I have yet to figure out how to create a playlist, but that comes later... :D

nyctalinth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The problem I was having is that I would take my albums and transfer to the phone via drag and drop. While I know the album names are correct and show consistent in iTunes, a few of my older albums would split up based on capitalization of the name (ie: Some tracks would fall into a folder such as "Name Of The Album", while other tracks would fall into "Name of the Album").

I manually edited the mp3 files on my computer and copied them to the phone and that fixed the issue (or so I thought). I have not manually synced the files again, but noticed they were split back up again. I re-copied from my computer and it fixed again. I have turned off "Connect with XBox Music", suspecting that is the cause, but will have to wait to see if that is the culprit.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time windowsphone music user and a subscriber..first to Zune and currently to Xbox Music. I still use an HTC Surround as an mp3 player and sync the phone on my windows 8.1 Lenovo standalone PC through the Zune software I downloaded. I also have a Nokia 920 wp8. I got it right after it came out and have stayed on the cutting edge of all the updates and an currently running the GDR3 early release to developers. Had previously flashed the phone and got the lumia amber update through the Rogers ROM. My point is that I know this OS and phone's problems and capabilities as well as anyone! I went through all the initial problems of missing album and artist artwork and resolved all of that though a lot of trial and error and reading what others did to solve those problems. Thanks to all who posted the answers to my questions here at WP Central. Everyone that sees all the things my phone will do and the beautiful artwork and artist info thinks it is amazing. Almost all of the music on my phone is my own. I am completely pissed that MS is making it so hard to transfer the music I own on the phone that I bought (and pay ATT for each month) when very few others were willing to support the Wp, to the new Xbox music app. I do not want or need the damn cloud! I am on a monthly data plan that would break me if I had to access the cloud to listen to my music when I want to. My God..M$ vwhen is enough ...enough?

steverogalinski

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am so disillusioned with music and my Windows phone. I thought 8.1 would address the issues I and so many others have complained about. Why can't e get back to the awesome Zune-like set-up? Getting so tempted to jump ship Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb