Music file duplication

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
However i sync my music to my L820 i get 2 copies of every song that both play on my phone However if i delete all the duplicates the other deletes too so i have none. Frustrating! Using windows 8 and tried both phone aps as well as drag and drop.

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks that really helped to keep the music files in the correct albums, however when syncing I still get duplicate files. Sometimes 4 of each song in the album. I'm baffled.

Rahul Kadu

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,

To solve duplication issue, simply remove the SD card from mobile phone and put the SD card in a card reader. Format the SD Card . Make a new folder Music and Videos in it and put your music and videos in it. and then insert it in your windows phone. remember anything you put in win8 phone directly via data cable always get duplicated.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,

To solve duplication issue, simply remove the SD card from mobile phone and put the SD card in a card reader. Format the SD Card . Make a new folder Music and Videos in it and put your music and videos in it. and then insert it in your windows phone. remember anything you put in win8 phone directly via data cable always get duplicated.

Dear Rahul,

If you read through a few of the threads on this issue (which you can find by searching) you will find out that the method you have outlined has been documented several times, and it has been pointed out several times that this only solves the issue TEMPORARILY in most cases. It does not solve the issue completely. Something as simple as an update to Nokia M&V can cause your carefully transferred files to show duplicate songs once again.

So yes, copying music using a card reader external to the phone can get you a duplicate-free library. But be prepared to repeat the whole process again when corruption occurs down the track.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05