Updating Nokia Drive without WiFi

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to download maps from Nokia without a WiFi. When I tried it said 250MB was too big for phone internet connection. I dont use WiFi at home or elsewhere.

Any ideas?

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find a way, which is really lame, especially for those with Internet Sharing on their plans. I could, you know, connect a laptop or tablet to the phone and download a 500MB file fine, but the phone won't.

In all seriousness, I'm positive it is because there are barely any unlimited providers anymore. Verizon and AT&T, the largest networks, allow (default) 2GB. I believe it was a good intention from Microsoft and Nokia to try to alert users that this is a somewhat substantial amount of data to download using their phone's data plan.

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the comments.

I have an unlimted data plan on o2 in the UK so dont have to worry abouy file size. Hate it that everyone presumes you have WiFi. I have direct wired boradband at 17MB and dont want to use WiFi.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Verizon unlimited and I dislike being forced to connect to Wifi to download. May be fixed in a future update, but I'm not counting on it. I bet we'll see a hack before then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo