Incoming calls being voices announced

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Starting yesterday incoming calls on my 8X are being voice announced, overriding my ringtone. I don't want that. I suspect it has something to do with the Bluetooth issues. I have the Speech option set to speak incoming text messages on Bluetooth only. This started yesterday when I was changing the Speech settings to try to figure out why text messages weren't being spoken in my car.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can think of, aside from restarting the phone, is making sure that "Speech for phone accessibility" is set to OFF in the "Ease of Access" settings. It says it announces caller ID there.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of, aside from restarting the phone, is making sure that "Speech for phone accessibility" is set to OFF in the "Ease of Access" settings. It says it announces caller ID there.

That must be it, I had it turned on.
By turning that setting to Off, what does that mean for "speech for speed dial"? I can still hold the speech button and voice command a phone call even with that set to off.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That must be it, I had it turned on.
By turning that setting to Off, what does that mean for "speech for speed dial"? I can still hold the speech button and voice command a phone call even with that set to off.
Yeah, that's just a built in TellMe service (the voice commands). No setting required.

I honestly have no clue what the difference is though, I see what you mean with the "Use speech for speed dial" thing, but you can still say "Call <contact name>" and it will call

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99