sms program that works on iphone and nokia 920

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For texting? A lot of people are swearing by WhatsApp and kik. I was just asking about textPlus myself, since I use that on my iPhone, but I've read negative reviews about it on WP8 so far...

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't quite get the attraction of these text apps like whatsapp. What's wrong with the standard sms functionality on your phone which you find on every phone in the world instead of having to worry if your friends use the same app as you? Call plans these days come with unlimited text plans, so that can't be the issue.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't quite get the attraction of these text apps like whatsapp. What's wrong with the standard sms functionality on your phone which you find on every phone in the world instead of having to worry if your friends use the same app as you? Call plans these days come with unlimited text plans, so that can't be the issue.
In many cases people do not have unlimited SMS, so these apps are useful.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Skype is a great option. As for why people use WhatsApp?

1) It costs nothing, whereas international SMS is expensive.

2) It is more reliable in many cases than SMS.

3) It works across every device that a user owns. If you have a WP, a Surface, an iPad and a PC, you will get the message on all those devices at once, not just one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3