11-18-2012, 03:21 PM #4
- 270 Posts
I don't quite get the attraction of these text apps like whatsapp. What's wrong with the standard sms functionality on your phone which you find on every phone in the world instead of having to worry if your friends use the same app as you? Call plans these days come with unlimited text plans, so that can't be the issue.
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM #6
- 797 Posts
Use Skype.*** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
- 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM #7
Skype is a great option. As for why people use WhatsApp?
1) It costs nothing, whereas international SMS is expensive.
2) It is more reliable in many cases than SMS.
3) It works across every device that a user owns. If you have a WP, a Surface, an iPad and a PC, you will get the message on all those devices at once, not just one of them.
- By serializer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
- By lhunter1130 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 8Last Post: 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
- By AngryDev in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
- By Timback in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
- By mtmjr90 in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 0Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM