Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have a Lumia 822 that won't even recognize my SanDisk 64 GB Class 10 UHS-1 card: Part No: SDSDQUA-064G-U46A

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXCUHS-I Memory Card by SanDisk

I have since ordered a cheap 16 GB Kingston Class 4 card to see if that will at least be recognized.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ...and that Kingston card doesn't work either. Looks like I may have a defective phone. Sigh.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jdefuria View Post
    ...and that Kingston card doesn't work either. Looks like I may have a defective phone. Sigh.
    One last thing to try before you exchange your phone. Reformat the SD card on a computer with this program: SD Card formatter (mac or windows). In the options select "Format Type = Full", "Format Size Adjustment = On". Start the format, and walk away (it takes a LONG time to do a full format).
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Quote Originally Posted by TryllZ View Post
    Yes there is an issue with the 822, unable to properly support some SD cards specially saving High Quality videos directly to SD...so you need to use videos to phone...
    Nope... Sandisk has some bad cards out here.

This has been driving me crazy as well. So I did some tests last night.
    My phone is grey 822 with Sandisk 64gb class 10 uhs-1 card. Very choppy skipping video.
    Wifes phone white 822 with Sandisk 32gb class 10 card. Works fine, no chop or skip.
    put an old Sandisk class 4? i think 2gb card in my phone and videos are fine although slow to write. No chop or skip.
    Returning 64gb card for replacement from Amazon. Hope the new one works, sounds like there are some bad Sandisk cards
    SOMEnameItried likes this.

mine too is a sandisk class 10 64gb card...has anyone had any success with another brand 64gb class 10 card recording videos?
    When I had the Lumia 822, I found that my older card could record 1080p video just fine. It was the new card that failed horribly.

Older card is: Micro SD 16gb class 2

Newer card is: LX Micro SD hc 32gb class 10

Both cards are Patriot brand.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    One last thing to try before you exchange your phone. Reformat the SD card on a computer with this program: SD Card formatter (mac or windows). In the options select "Format Type = Full", "Format Size Adjustment = On". Start the format, and walk away (it takes a LONG time to do a full format).
    I'm already in the process for an exchange (new phone should be delivered tomorrow), but I will try this as well, especially if the new phone has the same problems. Note, I did try doing a full format using windows 8 standard formatting tool. That did not work.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    I've got an old 32GB card that I harvested from my HTC Blunderbolt and it plays videos back just fine. Weird.

would the 32GB SD card listed in the store on this website be ok? SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Card - Windows Phone Memory Cards I have a crapload of music that I want to put on it to listen to on my phone

I don't know anything about SD cards. but I think it's a class 2? based on the fact that everyone is saying they are using a 10, I'm guessing it wont be up to par? but I found cheap deals on that same SD card and was looking to get that: Sandisk 32GB Microsdhc Card Class 2 - product summary - Bing Shopping
    Developer

If you are just reading files off the SD card, you should be fine. It's writing files, mainly video, to the SD card is where you need higher classes of SD cards for write speed.

So I would recommend that if they are cheap, get one and try it. Be forewarned that if it is a lower speed class it will take a long time to copy files to it.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdefuria View Post
    I'm already in the process for an exchange (new phone should be delivered tomorrow), but I will try this as well, especially if the new phone has the same problems. Note, I did try doing a full format using windows 8 standard formatting tool. That did not work.
    The new phone appears to be working properly. I have not tried extensive recording / playback with HD video, but at least this phone recognizes the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 properly, and I have sync'd audio files with it over USB with no apparent problems.

(No problems other than the mess that is Windows Phone 8 syncing with Music that we are all aware of, that is...)

Here is the card i am using: Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC 1. I ordered a second card, and inserted in phone straight from package, and i am still getting choppy videos on the new card. So its either that this model card does not support full video from this phone, or i have a bad phone. I am going to take the new card back and try to get a different brand card.

it's not having any problems? have you tried recording videos and playing them back? any chop?

where did you aquire your SD card? and do you know the model number is?
    SDSDQUA-064G-U46A?
    SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A?
    SDSDQY-064G-A11A?
    SDSDQUA-064G-A11A?

I also have a major problem with teh Nokia 822 video camera.

Bought a phone but did not really get to use it much during the first 14 days of warranty due to some family member having a stroke.

The video camera surprised me a few times when I recorded a surprise birthday party and then guess what? NO VIDEO. The camera app closed and then I look fo rthe video and it was not there and in some cases I had a grayed thumbnail which had zero seconds recorded and gave errors when playing.

I had my phone exchanged and then I had the same problem. My wife has the same phone and most of the times it works fine but also has the same issues.

Another issue is that teh video light freezes ON and I must pull the batterry out to be able to shut it OFF.

I'm a new Verizon customer with 3 wireless added in the month of november and december. I added two windows phone and one Galaxy SIII. No problem s with teh galaxy yet.

VNow i have three Windows phone with teh same problems including the exchange! Verizon refuses to give me another phone other than an exchange for the same windows 8 phone.

I know the issue is related to recording to Memory cards because it works fine 99% of the time without memory card. I bought my sandisk card at veryzon store and formated the card. After formatting teh issue appears much less but still happens. I put another memory card from an older phone formatted and I still have the same problem.

I HAVE HOME VERIZON SERVICES AND NOW THREE WIRELESS. You would think they would be able to provide an echange phone of different Model.
    They refuse to. I am considering dropping all of my Verizon services even though is going to cost me almost $1000 loss in just a month!

ANOTHER MAJOR PROBLEM WITH TEH WINDOWS 8 PLATFORM IS THAT FOR MY INSURANCE BUSINESS IT IS NOT GOOD. My companies do not have the apps I need for quotes and status check, but they do have them for Iphone and for Android.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
    NY
    Developer

Juan,

If you're willing to try another brand of SD card, I would recommend the following from Fry's electronics: Samsung 32GB microSDHC Class 6 UHS-1 MB-MPBGB/AM Yes, it's only 32 GB, and it's a Class 6 UHS-1, but I put it in my Lumia, and it just worked. I didn't have to format it. Just put it in the phone and started recording 1080p video without issues. And it's only $23 (+ shipping).

I also have to say, copying files to the phone via USB directly to the SD card was faster than I've gotten so far from all the SD cards I've tried (including a SanDisk 64 GB card). Go figure ?!?!?!?!?
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    Hmmm..... Given the information I'm reading here, I just emailed SanDisk a copy of my Amazon receipt, pictures of my card, a rundown of what's going on, and asked them what they plan to do about it. If nothing, it goes back to Amazon. Problem is that I don't have the packaging anymore, and I don't know if they'll take it back or not.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by Hdsiii View Post
    One thing I just discovered. The storage settings are misleading.
    "Store new music+videos on" doesn't apply to recorded videos. Probably applies to videos downloaded.
    "Store new pictures on" seems to apply to pictures and recorded videos.
    my video also crashed after recording to my PNY 32GB Class 10 SD card. changed the "store new pictures on" to phone instead of SD, and now everything works fine.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    another one here with issues with recording videos on 64gb sandisk card. relaly not happy, didnt try a video test until i need to take a video and now its ruined as i cant watch that, video is all over the the place. waste of money for a 64gb card.

I have a 32 gb SanDisk Micro sd hc 4 and the video is choppy, So I would stick to trying 6 or better to be safe. Thanks for the answeres guys

Quote Originally Posted by matrixcruiser View Post
    Recording in 1080p with a Sandisk class 10 ultra+uhs1. Class 6 should work. Even class 4 does provide 32mbit/s and the lumia only records with 20 or something.
    The clips are fluid but sometimes the camera app crashes. If the app crashed the only way to watch the clip is with help of the PC. The file is corrupted and showing a "time jump".
    I have the same card, but i am getting duplicate files when i copy music? is it happening with you too? its tough to return and exchange SD card in my country.

I had a problem with choppy video with my Lumia 820 and Kingston 16GB class 10. I solved the problem by reformating micro sdcard to exFAT with the smallest allocation unit. Now recording video on card work perfectly! (Original sd card format was FAT32)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12