Lumia 920 screen issues

WhenWeWasFab

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a launch day Black Nokia Lumia 920, and it has been working great. I have had none of the common issues that have been reported, but today after waking the phone after mild use throughout the day, I went to send a text and the screens sharpness dropped as well the colors seemed washed out, it went away after lock, and unlocking the device and I have been unable to replicate the issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it a software issues like the purple keyboard on the Lumia 900? Should I exchange my device? Any help would be appreciated.

Loonytik

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday, basically exactly how you just described it. It happened 3 times on my phone and hasn't happened since. I noticed it after closing the Nokia Drive app.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a launch day Black Nokia Lumia 920, and it has been working great. I have had none of the common issues that have been reported, but today after waking the phone after mild use throughout the day, I went to send a text and the screens sharpness dropped as well the colors seemed washed out, it went away after lock, and unlocking the device and I have been unable to replicate the issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it a software issues like the purple keyboard on the Lumia 900? Should I exchange my device? Any help would be appreciated.

Mine does this and I think it is by design. In direct sunlight the screen goes into high contrast mode. It makes things more visible in the sunlight.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
May have same problem. I hit power button and lock screen is washed out looking for say two seconds as the auto brightness clicks back down several notches. Its intermittent and turning it off under bright conditions may cause it, don't know. I don't really like it and may warranty it, I also have bad voice quality so a new unit may solve both.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You could try turning off the auto brightness setting for a few days and see if it happens again. I haven't noticed that on mine though. I will see the screen dim/brighten when I unlock but it's always been clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb