Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I was wondering if the Digital Copy discs that come with Blu-rays sync to WP8.

I know they did not work with WP7, but WP8 reportedly can use Windows Media Player to sync unlike WP7. And, most of the digital copy discs are compatible with Windows Media player. So, does it sync?

If so, it would indicate that WP8 supports PlaysForSure DRM but not Zune DRM... Which is a bit funny, if true.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I was wondering if the Digital Copy discs that come with Blu-rays sync to WP8.

I know they did not work with WP7, but WP8 reportedly can use Windows Media Player to sync unlike WP7. And, most of the digital copy discs are compatible with Windows Media player. So, does it sync?

If so, it would indicate that WP8 supports PlaysForSure DRM but not Zune DRM... Which is a bit funny, if true.
    I'm sure that this would be dependent on what DRM the particular Digital Copy utilizes - I assume iTunes DC would be NO, Ultraviolet DC will likely only work within the Flixster App...I'm not sure about other DRM schemes.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Looks like not, if my attempts are any indication. :( I tried a copy of Coraline & Captain America, both wmv's. In case it matters, I'm on windows 8, moving files to an HTC 8x via the metro "Windows Phone" app. I also tried one via WMP--no dice either way.

Sucks.