Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Firstly,i'm not English or American so sorry for my English :). İ bougt a HTC 8x two days ago and sync Facebook with my phone and set to fb chat to my messaging . But when people send me a message using fb chat, they says they receive a message like "this person using a application for chat allow or not allow". They choose allow but i still can't receive chat messages. İ can't receive chat messages also on my pc. They can send me messages just using messages part on the top of facebook. How can i solve it ?

Another problem is, facebook notifications don't work.

The final problem about twitter. How can i set my location on twitter? İt show me UK's TT, but i'm living in Turkey.

Thanks for your helps....

Welcome, and first a question. Did you set your chat status in the message hub to available? If not, go to message, swipe right, and change it to available. The notifications, in the Facebook app touch the three dots, go to settings, and look for push notifications. Just be aware the phone will limit the number of apps that can push notify, to preserve some battery life. Twitter, sorry, can't help there. Hope this helped some.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

İ changed my status already. İ can send messages to my friens but they can't. İ deleted facebook and my problem solved but i want to use facebook :)
    I had this problem when i installed IM+ on my Windows 8 computer, it was very buggy so I uninstalled it again, but when I revoked its rights on facebook my friends got the same message as yours. I reinstalled the app and gave it the rights it wanted and then removed it again and let it keep the rights. So my question for you is did you allow WP8 access to facebook chat?

İ didn't see about allowing access to facebook chat and i didn't use IM+. How can i allow WP8 access to facebook chat ?

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    The Facebook app is, in general, a big disappointment. I have a couple of groups that I belong to and since switching to my new 920, the Facebook app gives me the same error all the time when I try to access the groups

" We're having trouble getting data right now. Please try again later."

Facebook has been having this "trouble" ever since I installed the app. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times but nothing changes. I can get to the groups thru the web just fine. Another thing I dislike is that whenever I close the Facebook app, it will reopen wherever I was when I closed it and never goes back to the home screen like it did on my WP7 phone.